chapter 12

Jennifer P.O.V

It all happened in slow-motion yet it happened like it was a bush fire. One minute I was having fun and relaxing, the other I was outside with a gun pressed against my head. After I walked to the guy, he grabbed my upper arm, and Josh and the rest of them pulled guns out, aiming it at the people who's side I was currently standing at.

"Let her go or I shoot."

"And risk hitting this beautiful face?" He asked, slowly dragging his glove covered finger down my face, sticking it into my mouth. When he pulled it out I spat on the floor and tilted my head to look at him, "Touch me like that again and I will make sure you can't walk for at least an hour,"

"Is that a threat, baby girl?"

"Don't call me that! Tell your men to stand down. Now."

"Or what?" He dragged his hand down my bionic arm, ripping the sleeve, "You know, I like that I left you the way I did, the arm is a great touch that'll forever remind you of me,"

"I will not repeat myself again, tell your men to lower their guns. You have me now." He looked at me and nodded his head at his guys. They lowered their guns but kept their gazes locked on the guns Josh and his friends were still aiming at them,

"Now the same for you, love,"

"Sergeant, it's okay. Please." I looked at Joshua and Calleb when I said this, letting them look me in the eyes, hoping they'd get the message. Everyone followed their lead when they did as I asked, obviously still tense at the situation.

The male still holding me in his arms took his mask off and turned me around, planting his lips firmly on mine in front of everyone. I took that as my chance and kneed him. He fell to the floor, reaching for his gun, but I was quicker, pointing mine at his temple.

"Leave your guns where they are and go over to them, Sergeant could you please get something inside to tie them up?" I motioned my head over to my new friends and heard someone going in and out of the store.

"Do you want me to shoot him!?" I shouted when none of them made a move,

"Do as she says," Lewis whispered out. His team of crooks followed his orders with a bit of reluctance. Lewis eyes my gun when I made eye contact with him, causing me to cock it, "Make one damn move and I shoot."

"I've got to say, you impress me. The last time we were together you were this sad, depressed little girl. I remember when your jet went crashing down though, sad what happened to you and your brother, at the top of your game that day, just to get blown out of the sky..."

"You shut up about my brother!"

"Ah, that's right... you never got to see him again, we kept you away from him. Well, I did. Hearing you whimper and trying to get away from me, even though you were tied to the bed, didn't stop me from having the time of my life though. It would've been more fun if you were a virgin, but your dad took that from you, didn't he?"

"You sick bastard!" I heard someone shout from behind me, but all that I could think of was him saying he kept me away from my brother. Does that mean he was there with me? Why wasn't he rescued as well?

"Oh yes, I know what you're thinking. Your brother is alive, but definitely not for much longer. You lost an arm when you were with us for a mere few weeks, what do you think happens to your brother each day that passes," Thinking about what my brother was going through, Lewis knocked the gun from my hand and tackled me to the floor, picking his gun up in the process.

Yanking me back up and pressed the cool metal against my head once again and was about to pull the trigger when I elbowed him in the stomach, grabbing his arm and yanking him over my shoulder, sending his gun spiraling and him hitting the ground as gravity did its job. I got on him and straddled him as I delivered punch after punch with my metal fist to his face, ignoring the people shouting from behind me to stop,

It wasn't until I felt four pair of arms wrap around me that I finally stopped and looked at the half-conscious bastard, bleeding on the floor in front of me.

"If my brother dies at your men's hands, you will wish you never met me,"

"My men? You really think I'm in charge of all of this?" He laughed after gasping out the words, "I think it's time you and your father had a sit-down, don't you?" He gave me a sinister bloodied smile. The arms that were holding, struggled to keep me back, preventing me from hitting him again,

"Go wait in the car!" Joshua shouted at me,

"Now, Jennifer," Came Calleb's voice. Both of them looked at me with stern eyes, yet I saw the concern in both of them as they pushed me in the car's direction. Deciding against my better judgment, I went to the car waiting for Calleb and Joshua. I think I waited for about half an hour when they came back and got into the car without a word.