Twenty-Two

That was one of the craziest nights I have ever worked. But also amazing. The atmosphere on the pub was different. Our typical group of old geezers have been replaced with a much younger crowd. I'll admit Connor had a wonderful idea with asking Niall to preform. He really hit the bar on this one. And Niall. He didn't have to perform at some underground pub but he did. For me.

"Babe?" Hudson brought me out of my thoughts leaning on the bar in front of me.

"Mm yeah" I shook my head and turned my attention to him.

It wasn't quite closing time but the crowds have died down. Once Niall finished his set half the ladies left. Leaving a few stragglers. I was now standing behind the bar washing some empty glasses from the night.

"What you thinking about" Hudson picked up his beer bottle and took a swig

"Nothing ... just thinking that I miss you. Haven't seen you much tonight"  It wasn't exactly what I was thinking but it was true. I haven't seen Hudson for most the night. Occasionally catching him glance at me. But nothing as it usually was.

"Been busy babe"  he made his way behind the bar standing directly behind me."But I'm here now" He wrapped his arms around my waist. His hands slipping under my shirt.

"You sure no one needs your attention?" I tried focusing on the task at hand but couldn't. I could feel his warm breathe breathing down my neck. His rough hands on my stomach.

"Only one girl in mind" he placed a soft kiss to my neck. A moan escaped my mouth as he slipped his hand under my jeans. Down my front resting on my panties.

"Hudson, we are in public"

"So" he bite down slightly making me drop the glass I was working on. It fell in the sink with a clank. I turned around pushing at his chest. He removed his hand taking a few steps away from me.

"So we are  supposed to be working" I looked him in his eyes dark from lust.

"I'm sorry, I can't"

"Can you ever" he snapped

"babe" I whined placing a kiss to his cheek "Not now"

"No it's fine, do whatever you want I guess" he wiped my kiss off before grabbing his beer and walking away.

"Have you seen Niall?" Desi asked me as we cleared a few tables off.

"No I haven't actually" The last time I saw him he was exiting the stage.

"Hmmm" she pouted "Just wanted to congratulate him"

"I'm sure he is around here somewhere Desi?" I glanced around the room now pretty empty. I couldn't see Niall though. Connor caught my attention from across the room. He was on the stage rearranging few things "let's go ask Conner yeah?"

I grabbed the bus tote full of dishes and trash and made my way over to Connor.

"You've seen Niall?" I caught him off guard as he pushed an amp across the stage.

"Yeah actually, just saw him go out the back door, Fucker is supposed to be helping me"

"Thanks Connor. I'll tell him to get his ass back in here" I chuckled turning around to Desi "there you go, he's out back"

"Put that down and come congratulate him with me" she grabbed the bus tote from my hands placing it on the bar. I looked over at Hudson who was standing by the door escorting the last few guest out.

"I don't think that's a good idea"

"Bella," she caught my gaze "you don't need his permission to go talk to Niall" she grasped me wrist pulling me towards the door "come on" she whined