Forty-Six

I woke up in a hospital bed. Beeping filling the quiet environment. I looked down noticed tubes and wires coming from my arms and stomach. A bandage wrapping up my side.

"What the hell" I groaned at the pain coming from my side and head.

"You're apendex burst, you had to have emergency surgery" an Irish voice called from somewhere in the room

I looked over at Niall sitting in the only chair in the coroner of the room. Arms leaning on his knees. He rubbing his eyes before opening them to look at me. Dark circles under his eyes. Stubble growing on his jawline. He looked terrible.

"How long has it been Ni?" I asked looking out the window to the dark sky signaling it was nighttime

"Four days"

"Four days!" I yelled sitting up but immediately regretting it as pain overcame my body. Coughing.

"Bells take it easy" Niall quickly jumped to my side. Sitting on the edge of my bed rubbing my back.

"Have you been here the whole time?" I asked turning to him

"Not the whole time. But I've been spending every night here" he nervously brought his hand to the back of his head scratching "Couldn't leave you alone"

"My hero" I joked blushing "thanks Nialler"

"You don't need to thank me" he reached over me hitting my nurse call button "Better let the nurses know your awake"

I watched the call light flash red. Blinking on and off. I lost four days with Niall. Meaning we only had two days left before he returned to London with Candy. Wait....

"Niall can I ask you something?" I turned to him noticing him staring at my bandages

"Course Bella" he quickly looked away knowing I caught him

"Umm" I grew nervous causing him to give me a comforting look. Stroking my back softer.

"You're going to ask me about Candy aren't you?"

"Yeah.. I mean you never told me the whole story and are you still even seeing her?"

"Fuck no I'm not still seeing her" he chuckled shaking his head. At least he found humor in this situation. "I blocked her number and everything"

I opened my mouth to say something but bursting into a coughing fit instead. Causing Niall's face to fall as I gripped my side in pain.

"We're are those nurses. You need some pain medicine" he reached over again hitting my call button over and over again. Ignoring the Candy conversation.

"I don't think that helps" I grabbed his hand forcing him to stop. Feeling sparks rush up my arm. He jumped a little letting his mouth falling agape . I looked into his eyes brighter then usual. I knew from his reaction he felt sparks too.

"Sorry .. uh" he drew his hand from mine before standing up avoiding it "I'm going to go find somebody"

"Ok.. yeah good idea" I whispered my voice horse, watching him leave the room.

"Fuck" I whispered slamming my head against the pillow behind me. My feelings was so messed up.

"Bella I'm fixing to bust you out of this place" Aidan came into my room Desi behind him.

"Desi I've missed you!" I cried as she ran to me giving me a light hug. Something unfamiliar to her as her hugs usually knocked the wind out of ya.

"Wow I see how I rank" Aidan playfully scoffed
"Come here Aidan I'm not all the way broken " I smiled opening my arms "I've missed ya too"

"I know you have Bella" he laughed near my ear

"You really going to break me out of her? Because the food here sucks" I said laughing slightly motioning  to my untouched food tray.

They both laughed taking a seat on the bench near the window.
"In all seriousness, when are you cleared to go?" Desi asked throwing her legs in Aidans lap

"Tomorrow morning"  I smiled
"You felling ok?" Aidan motioned to my bandaged side

"Yeah nothing I can't handle"

They both sent me reassuring smiles before Niall and Connor stepped into the room. Connor pulled out a bag of my favorite sweets from under his shirt.

"Sneaked these in here for you Bella" he smiled tossing the bag of sour gummy candies at me.

"Thank you. This is the kindest thing you have ever done for me" I joked rolling my eyes

"Now that you say that it's coming out of your paycheck" he laughed before giving me a slight hug.

I ripped open the bag. Grabbing a sour gummy worm and quickly chewing on it. Sour gummy candy was one of my favorites since a child.

Niall stood in the doorway smiling at me. I raised my eyebrows at him only getting a shake of his head in response.

My friends stayed for awhile. I spent the whole time laughing and smiling like nothing happened. It was nice to feel no pain for awhile. When it was time to say good bye I didn't want to let them go.

"We will see you tomorrow Bella" Desi said fresh tears prickling her eyes 

"First thing in the morning" Aidan smiled his hand in Desi giving it a reassuring squeeze. Without him pulling her away Desi would never make it out of my hospital room.

"I'm ok guys really" I gave a reassuring smile. Even though I'm sure I looked miserable covered in bruises and having wires sticking from me "have a goodnight"

They waved goodbye, Desi blowing kisses as she left.
"Thanks for the sweets Con"
"No problem, anything to brighten your day. See ya pal, get some rest" Connor bent down kissing my forehead before leaving into the hallway. Leaving only Niall behind.

A older nurse came in offering me my nightly meds.
"Thank you" I said throwing the pills back
"No problem sweetheart" she handed me a glass of water "These will make you a little loopy. You'll be out in no time" she said pushing her cart out of my room

Niall arose from his chair to sit next me. I scooted over giving him more room.
"You're healing great Bells" he wrapped an arm around my shoulder pulling me closer. "You feeling tired?"

I let my head fall to his shoulder. Yawning exhausted from socializing. I let my eyes fall shut. Ignoring his question as the yawn answered it.

"It was nice to see your smile again" Niall whispered against the top of my head as he placed a kiss "I have missed it"

"You guys are the best friends a girl could ask for" I sleepily cood. I felt drunk on sleep or maybe it was the pain meds getting to my head. "And those sweets tasted damn good"

"You know we are always here for you" he softly laughed kissing my forehead

"You're staying right" I opening my eyes looking up at him

"Course darling, all night" he pushed away hair from my face. Staring down at me with a smile.

"Thank you Niall. " I coed again shutting my eyes. Feeling his  fingers dance across my forehead. Only making my eyes feel heavier. "But don't touch my sweets, I've counted them.Theres 13 left... or maybe 12 I can't remember"

"You are so high right now Bella" he laughed "Get some sleep. You're sweets will be there in the morning"

"I love you" I slurred the truth without thinking before falling asleep