1. The Funeral

It was a bleak and damp day. The skies were grey and it was raining for the majority of the day. To most this day held no relevance but today was the day of Y/N L/N's funeral.  The atmosphere was dark and sad, there weren't many people there. The L/N family, the Weasley family, the Granger family and Harry Potter were there. Two Hogwarts Professors were also there: McGonagall and Dumbledore. Also in attendance was a black stray dog, he was just there, next to Professor Dumbledore.

Harry had been taken from the Dursley residence, much to his delight, to attend this funeral. Then afterwards, Dumbledore would be sending him back to his hell hole. The room where they would be having the memorial was quiet, there were seats and a stage at the front. Upon that stage was the coffin of Y/N with a photograph of him above and a stand for whoever wanted to speak.

Issac L/N stood at the front, tears in his eyes as he began his prepared speech.

"I know Y/N wasn't really my brother, but that never stopped us from having that brotherly bond. We always joked around each other, we rarely had fights, he was the best little brother anyone could ever have. I swore to protect him when he came to Hogwarts, when he was just that tiny little first year, oblivious to everything. I failed." Issac let out a sob. "I was so close to being Triwizard Champion, that could've been me. Instead, it was him, he didn't deserve it, he was the nicest soul on the planet, he had so much potential and he was never given the privilege to be the best wizard he could be. He had such a bright future and in an instant, it was all taken away. We lost someone great, I lost a great brother and my parents lost a great son and we all lost a great friend. He will be missed."

When Issac finished, Harry made his way up,  he had decided that he wanted to say something, he had calmed down and wanted to give people an insight to that fated night.

Harry cleared his throat before beginning. "Um...that night, the third task...Y/N saved me from Krum, he was probably under the Imperius curse and he performed the Cruciatus curse on me. He saved me. I don't understand why Krum had to curse me, maybe it was all part of Voldemort's twisted plan to bring me and Y/N together so we both got to the cup. When we were transported, we both saw the revival of Voldemort, he summoned all the Death Eaters and then he summoned Y/N to join him. Y/N was brave enough to lie to his face and stood by his side, when I started dueling him Y/N performed some advanced magic to get into my head and told me about his plan to get us out. Even whilst looking death right in the eye, Y/N stayed calm and he got me out. His death wasn't meant to happen, it was just unlucky the curse hit him. He sacrificed himself so I could get out and so I could be witness to Voldemort coming back. If it wasn't for him, neither of us would be here." Harry looked down and then to the sad faces in front of him. "I lost one of my best friends, I'm going to miss him greatly."

There was a general murmur in the crowd, Y/N's parents had already spoken so all the speeches had happened. Just then, a girl raised her hand and asked if she could speak. Her name was Hermione Granger.

"Y/N held a special place in my heart, he was my first friend at Hogwarts, h-he was the first guy I ever liked, he w-was my first boyfriend a-and..." Hermione wiped the tears from her eyes, "h-he was even my first love even though I never got to tell him that. I met him in Diagon Alley, I never got his name but when I saw him on the train in first year, we exchanged names and there was something about him, he was one of the nicest, most compassionate, friendliest people I had ever met and I wish he never had to leave so soon. When I looked into his E/C eyes I saw a future with him, I saw me spending the rest of my life with him. I know I'm still young but that's how I felt." Hermione's voice broke. "I had liked him in first year but we were both too foolish to act on it, if I had said something sooner...maybe we would've had more time together. Not as just friends, as something more..."

Everyone was silent and when Hermione Granger had finished, she returned back to her seat next to her mother and father.

After all the speeches, everyone who wanted too were invited onto the stage. Steven and Joyce L/N had then decided to open the lid of the brown coffin to reveal a dressed Y/N in black attire, looking like he was merely sleeping. There were still scars from his Triwizard Tournament but on the whole he looked peaceful. He was resting, in peace, away from the troubles the Wizarding World would now be faced with.

Silence followed and they carried the coffin over to the designated grave. The skies looked like they were going rain at any moment and the group of people stood around the grave, watching the coffin. The gravestone was already in place, it read:

Y/N L/N
(1979/1980 - 1995)
Loving son, brother, friend and student
Brutally murdered by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
You will be missed greatly

The coffin was gently lowered into the dirt and once it was completed, the left over soil was being placed over the coffin. A while later, the coffin was completely submerged into the ground and the coffin was not to be seen anymore.

Flowers and gifts were placed by Y/N's gravestone and everyone stood together, in unity, around the grave. Professor Dumbledore then reached for his wand, lit it up so a white light illuminated from it and then pointed it up to the grey, misty sky.

"Y/N L/N." he said, trying to remain calm but a hint of sadness in his voice. He had not expected this, from what he knew this was never meant to happen, it was not part of Voldemort's plan.

The others reached for their wands to do the same. Mr and Mrs Granger however, merely just held onto their daughter who had her wand out. The Ministry wouldn't be able to tell who was doing underage magic and either way, Dumbledore would be able to smooth things out.

After everyone had lit up their wands, they all chorused in unison. "Y/N L/N."

There was no doubt that everything would now change, the dark forces that once ruled the Wizarding World were now back and everyone was in danger and there would be a constant threat on each and every person involved within the Wizarding World. Y/N L/N's death was a wake up call, a reminder that the Dark Lord was unforgiving and that he had no mercy. Even if it came to someone from his own bloodline. Things would no longer be normal and everyone would have to look out for each other. After all, one great positive force would be able to destroy the dark evils trying to infect the Wizarding World.

Hermione Granger, Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley stayed behind when everyone left, they looked at the grave of their departed friend, the Golden Quartet was no longer.  Hermione looked at the two other boys. "I miss him." she said whilst sobbing gently.

Harry and Ron engulfed her in a hug. "We miss him too Hermione." said Harry.

Ron nodded, the three teenagers looked at each other before looking at where Y/N L/N was resting. Things were going to change.

Life was going to change.