23. Dumbledore's Disappearance

The next DA meeting commenced soon. Apart from the fact that Y/N hadn't shown, everything was fine, well...up until Dobby made an appearance.

"Harry Potter, sir...Dobby has come to warn you...Harry Potter...she...she..."

"Who's 'she', Dobby?" asked Harry.

They all knew. It was obvious. There was one woman that struck fear into everyone.

"Umbridge?" asked Harry, horrified. Dobby nodded.

"She has't found out has she...is she coming...?"

Dobby let out a howl, and began beating his bare feet hard on the floor. "Yes, Harry Potter, yes!"

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?" Harry bellowed. "RUN!"

And so they ran.

It was a frenzy as everyone ran, they were shortly met by the Inquisitorial Squad, which Y/N was part of. When everyone saw the young Slytherin, all the trust they had for him disappeared, he was a traitor. When Draco caught Harry, he presented her to Umbridge and they quickly made their way to Dumbledore's office.

The office was full of people. Dumbledore, Professor McGonagall, Cornelius Fudge, Kingsley Shacklebolt, a tough-looking wizard and Percy Weasley.

Cornelius Fudge was glaring at him with a kind of vicious satisfaction on his face. "Well," he said, "well, well, well..."

"He was heading back to Gryffindor Tower," said Umbridge.

"Did he, did he?" said Fudge appreciatively. "Potter...I expect you know why you are here?"

"No," said Harry, firmly.

"You don't know why you are here?"

"No, I don't," said Harry.

Fudge looked incredulously from Harry to Professor Umbridge. "So you have no idea why Professor Umbridge has brought you to this office? You are not aware that you have broken any school rules?"

"No."

"Or Ministry Decrees?"

"No."

"So, it's news to you, is it, that an illegal student organisation has been discovered within this school?" Fudge said.

"Yes."

"I think, Minister," said Umbridge, "we might make better progress if I fetch our informant."

"Yes, yes, do," said Fudge, nodding.

There was a wait of several minutes and then Umbridge returned, gripping by the shoulder Cho's friend, Marietta, who was hiding her face in her hands.

"Don't be scared, dear, don't be frightened," said Professor Umbridge softly, "it's quite all right, now. You have done the right thing. The Minister is very pleased with you."

As Marietta raised her head, Marietta gave a wail and pulled the neck of her robes right up to her eyes, but not before everyone had seen that her face was horribly disfigured and there was the word 'SNEAK'.

Even though she was asked, Marietta refused to say anything.

"Oh, very well, you silly girl, I'll tell him," snapped Umbridge, "well, Minister, Miss Edgecombe here came to my office and told me she had something she wanted to tell me. She said that if I proceeded to a secret room on the seventh floor, would find out something to my advantage. I questioned her a little further and she admitted that there was to be some kind of meeting there. Unfortunately, at that point this hex, came into operation and upon catching sight of her face in my mirror the girl became too distressed to tell me any more."