14. Dumbledore's Army

Y/N's POV

This specific morning, I found myself next to Hermione, reading a book.

"When's the first meeting?" I asked Hermione.

"We haven't found a place yet." Hermione said, disappointment in her voice.

Placing my book down, I grabbed Hermione's hand and pulled her up. "C'mon 'Mione, I'm going to show you a place."

Taking Hermione out the library and through the corridors, I lead her to a place I had been before on the seventh floor. Her hand still in mine, we navigated through and luckily for us, we didn't run into many people. When I arrived, there was no door but in my mind, I repeated the same sentence over and over again.

"I need a place for people to practice Defence Against the Dark Arts."

Not long after, a door appeared and next to me, Hermione was in awe. I gave her a smile before opening, the door and showing her. The walls were lined with wooden bookcases and instead of chairs there were large silk cushions on the floor. A set of shelves at the far end of the room carried a range of instruments such as Sneakoscopes, Secrecy Sensors and a large, cracked Foe-Glass.

"This is perfect!" Hermione said, before grabbing a book off the shelf and starting to read it enthusiastically.

"You're welcome," I said with a smug grin, "you can tell Harry about this and I'll meet you guys here tonight, at eight."

Hermione nodded, she hugged me before resuming to read her book.

Later that night, I never returned to the Slytherin Common Room and found myself staying in the library for most of the day. Sure Draco would ask a lot of questions but I was capable of looking after myself, I didn't need a bodyguard at all times. At around quarter to eight, I made my way to the seventh floor, going to the same place where I took Hermione. Once I had got there, I was greeted by Hermione, Harry and Ron along with the other members who signed up. The door appeared upon request and the group walked in, marvelling this secret Room of Requirement.

"I think we ought to elect a leader." Hermione said, once everyone had taken in their surroundings.

"Harry's leader," said Cho at once, looking at Hermione as though she were mad.

"Yes, but I think we ought to vote on it properly," said Hermione, "it makes it formal and it gives him authority. So, everyone who thinks Harry ought to be our leader?"

Alongside everyone, I raised my hand.

"Er - right, thanks," said Harry, who's face had gone quite red, "and...what else Hermione?"

"I also think we ought to have a name," she said brightly, "it would promote a feeling of team spirit and unity, don't you think?"

"Can we be the Anti-Umbridge League?" said a girl named Angelina hopefully.

"Or the Ministry of Magic are Morons Group?" suggested Fred Weasley, one half of the Weasley twins.

"I was thinking," said Hermione, frowning at Fred, "more of a name that didn't tell everyone what we were up to, so we can refer to it safely outside meetings."

"The Defence Association?" I suggested. "The DA for short, so nobody knows what we're talking about."

People agreed with my idea but there was still a suspicion that I was there to sabotage them, since I was a Slytherin and a Malfoy.

"Yeah, the DA's good," said Ginny Weasley, the youngest Weasley child, "only let's make it stand for Dumbledore's Army, because that's the Ministry's worst fear, isn't it?"