13. Education Decrees

Y/N's POV

Who the hell was this Y/N L/N because there were so many coincidences, too many. It must've been around ten in the evening when I got into bed but all these thoughts, these conspiracies caused me to stay up till around four in the morning. There was only around a few hours until I would have to get out of bed. I had two choices, stay up and successfully pull an all-nighter or try to sleep, even if it was for a few hours.

In the end, I stayed awake, reading through my books, trying to prepare myself even more for my Defence O.W.L. If Umbridge wasn't going to help us and instead try to hold us back I needed to be prepared. One of the reasons why I'm joining the Defence Club Hermione and her friends started.

I was still awake when everyone else in my dorm started waking up, I got up with the rest of them, ignored the tiredness in my mind and got ready for the new school day.

On the way to the Great Hall, we passed a new sign, my eyes were too tired to stay open by I managed to read it:

BY ORDER OF THE HIGH INQUISITOR OF HOGWARTS

All student organisations, societies, teams, groups and clubs are henceforth disbanded. An organisation, society, team, group or club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students.

Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge). No student organisation, society, team, group or club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any student found to have formed or to belong to, an organisation, society, team, group or club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.

The above is in accordance with Educational Decree Number Twenty-four.

Signed: Dolores Jane Umbridge, High Inquisitor

"We need to ask her for permission to re-form the Quidditch team." Draco said and I nodded. That wasn't the only thing on my mind, it was very suspicious timing that right after the first meeting for the Defence Club Umbridge goes ahead and puts this Decree up.

Crap, most people would think I told Umbridge. I was finding ways to tell everyone else that it wasn't me, just as I was concocting a plan to convince everyone else who was in the Hog's Head that I was a reliable Slytherin, I caught Hermione in the corner of my eye. Her two friends, Ron and Harry did not look very pleased and I quickly made an excuse to leave my Slytherin friends and rush over to them.

"It wasn't me." I said plainly, when I got over to the 'Golden Trio'.

"You blabbed!" Ron said angrily, making a move to grab my collar.

I dodged quickly, got out my wand and forced Ron back to the point where he was backed up against a wall, my wand pointed at his throat.

"It. Wasn't. Me. Weasley." I said threateningly.

"Don't threaten him!" Harry said, his wand out.

"It wasn't him!" Hermione said loudly.

"Stop standing up for him Hermione! He's a Slytherin, he was a traitor from the start!" Ron said, my wand still against his throat.

"Shut up Weasley." I said menacingly.

"It couldn't of been him! It would've been obvious!" Hermione said.

"How come?" asked Harry.

"I put a jinx on that parchment everyone signed." Hermione explained.

"That's genius..." I commented, "what jinx?"

My wand had now returned to the inside of my robe and Ron was able to freely move again.

Hermione looked at the three of us before she explained. "There's a jinx I put which makes it very obvious that they told Umbridge. Let's just say it'll make Eloise Midgeon's acne look like a couple of cute freckles."