30. The Department of Mysteries

Y/N's POV

I had emerged from the shadows, glancing at the three others.

"W-what do you mean you're his secret weapon?" Ron said fearfully.

I looked at Ron, my expression still solemn. "Voldemort wants me on his side, because I cannot be killed by him."

"Are you and Draco his weapon?" Harry asked.

I shook my head. "No, just me."

I wanted to tell them that I was his grandson, but that was a dead giveaway that I was Y/N. Surely they would figure out soon? I glanced over at Hermione who looked at me, curiosity, confusion and hurt in her eyes.

"We don't have time to be talking about F/N!" Harry exclaimed. "We need to go save Sirius!"

"Fine, go at your own loss. But I'm a hundred percent sure you won't find him there." I scoffed.

"Shut up F/N! You're wrong, he's got Sirius and he's going to kill him." Harry said angrily.

I sighed, how did I know that it was all a trick? It was because me and Voldemort's minds were connected and he didn't block me out from his thoughts, meaning I could feel and tell that he was tricking Harry to go to the Department of Mysteries. I made sure I closed my mind off so Voldemort could never enter my mind and see my thoughts because then my whole double agent plan would fail.

Now, Harry was formulating a plan to get to Grimmauld Place. The plan involved breaking into Umbridge's office and as much as I wanted to help, I had a feeling that Umbridge would be needing the Inquisitorial Squad once she discovered that Harry was in her office. I knew that Umbridge had upped the security in her office due to all the students breaking into her office and leaving joke items there and I wanted to tell Harry, but the other boy didn't seem to want to listen to me.

Slipping away to find Draco, what I predicted was correct. The Squad rounded up on the Gryffindors and the Ravenclaw that offered their help to Harry before dragging them inside Umbridge's office.

"I want to know why you are in my office," said Umbridge.

"I was trying to get my Firebolt!" Harry croaked.

"Liar, your Firebolt is under strict guard in the dungeons, as you very well know, Potter. You had your head in my fire. With whom have you been communicating?"

I watched and listened, I was holding Ginny Weasley who looked disgusted at me. I gave the youngest Weasley a reassuring look before loosening my grip around her.

Harry refused to tell Umbridge anything so the Headmistress summoned the Potions Master, Snape. I could tell that this seemed to trigger something in Harry's mind, he wanted to get in contact with someone from the Order, and Snape was his last hope.

"You wanted to see me, Headmistress?" said Snape.

"Ah, Professor Snape," said Umbridge, smiling widely, "yes, I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quick as you can, please."

"You took my last bottle to interrogate Miss Edgecombe," he said, surveying her, "surely you did not use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient."

Umbridge flushed. "You can make some more, can't you?"

"Certainly," said Snape, his lip curling, "it takes a full moon-cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in around a month."

"A month?" squawked Umbridge. "A month! But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown!"