15. Weasley Is Our King

Y/N's POV

After the first meeting of Dumbledore's Army, the topic remained silent for a while. The next few meetings went very smoothly, I was helping Harry with basic duelling spells. Very often, I was asked to demonstrate my non-verbal magic. It was a skill that sixth years would be taught and since I was only in my fifth year, I was ahead. Although people wanted me to teach them, I insisted that I would let them learn it in their sixth year.

A good thing happening during these meetings was the fact that I was starting to be accepted as a Slytherin. Many of the people who came to these meetings slowly became my friends and weren't afraid to greet me in the hallways, much to Draco's disapproval. It was quickly proved that I was nothing like the typical Malfoy and I was very glad. I still had no idea why many people feared and disliked my family, from what I saw, they were nothing but loving and caring.

One morning, I saw Hermione coming up to me. She then started telling me her genius idea of communication. She devised a very clever method of communicating the time and date of the next meeting to all the members in case we needed to change it at short notice, because it would look suspicious if people from different Houses were seen crossing the Great Hall to talk to each other too often. Especially if they came over to the Slytherin table or if I went to another House's table.

She gave each of the members of the DA a fake Galleon at the next meeting, later during the day. "You see the numerals around the edge of the coins? On real Galleons that's just a serial number referring to the goblin who cast the coin. On these fake coins, though, the numbers will change to reflect the time and date of the next meeting. The coins will grow hot when the date changes, so if you're carrying them in a pocket you'll be able to feel them. We take one each, and when Harry sets the date of the next meeting he'll change the numbers on his coin, and because I've put a Protean Charm on them, they'll all change to mimic his."

A blank silence greeted Hermione's words. She looked around at all the faces upturned to her, rather disconcerted.

"Well, I thought it was a good idea," she said uncertainly, "I mean, even if Umbridge asked us to turn out our pockets, there's nothing fishy about carrying a Galleon, is there? But...well, if you don't want to use them-"

"You can do a Protean Charm?" asked Terry Boot.

"Yes," replied Hermione.

"But that's...that's N.E.W.T standard," he said weakly.

"Oh...well...yes, I suppose it is." Hermione said shyly.

"How come you're not in Ravenclaw?" he demanded, staring at Hermione with something close to wonder. "With brains like yours?"

For some reason, the admiration that Hermione was getting from Terry was making me jealous, I felt the sudden urge to go over and hex the boy.

"Well, the Sorting Hat did seriously consider putting me in Ravenclaw during my Sorting," said Hermione brightly, "but it decided on Gryffindor in the end. So, does that mean we're using the Galleons?"

Everyone nodded and agreed in unison, and the meeting continued, ending promptly so that no one would get caught or in trouble.

I returned to the Common Room late that night, I gave Draco my usual excuse of either the library or just walking around to clear my head. He then reminded me of the first Quidditch match of the season, Gryffindor versus Slytherin. I had heard from Hermione that Harry had replaced Y/N as a seeker so it would be interesting to go up against him. I had no doubt, that like the duel we had previously, I would beat him easily.

The Slytherin team insisted on using their intimidation tactics against the Gryffindor team. Their main target was Ron Weasley. The boy showed nothing but dislike for me so I had no problem scaring him here and there, I just made sure that neither Hermione or Harry could see.