8. Defence Against The Dark Arts

Y/N's POV

"Do I have to wear the robes?" I asked whilst getting changed into my uniform.

Draco nodded. "Just put them on, you can take them off later."

"I kinda just want to wear a jumper, I think that looks better on me." I said, showing Draco as I wore a grey jumper, with Slytherin colours on the v-neck along with a white shirt with the Slytherin tie and grey trousers. "The robe just kinda ruins it."

Draco chuckled. "Who are you trying to impress."

"No one, I just want to make a good impression." I lied. Truth be told, I wanted to get to know that girl I met during the Prefect meeting. I thought she was absolutely stunning and wanted to get to know her.

"Well, you've already made a good impression. You're a Malfoy." Draco replied, whilst tying his tie.

I sighed. "Fine I'll keep the robe on but I'm taking it off later."

Blaise then popped his head through our dorm door. "Come on guys, you've taken so long to get ready Crabbe and Goyle have already gone for breakfast."

Laughing at how greedy the two boys were, me and Malfoy made our way down to breakfast. Upon walking in, I glanced at the Gryffindor table to see the brown-haired girl, the ginger-haired boy and Harry Potter talking. Me and the girl made eye contact and I winked at her before walking over to the Slytherin table.

Our morning lessons went smoothly and we only had DADA left, me and the otehrs made our way to Umbridge's classroom.

"I don't like this Umbridge woman." I said quietly to Draco.

He shrugged. "Father likes her so she must be alright."

I opened my mouth to say something but then the girl from Gryffindor showed up along with her two friends, I wanted to ask Draco for her name but I remembered him saying that they were bad people, so I wanted to avoid that topic.

Me and the girl made eye contact and I could see her blush slightly, causing me to smirk. Once everyone was there, Professor Umbridge got up and spoke.

"Well, good afternoon!"

A few people mumbled "Good afternoon" in reply, me not being one of them.

"Tut, tut," said Professor Umbridge, "that won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply 'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge'. One more time, please. Good afternoon, class!"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," we chanted back at her.

"There, now," said Professor Umbridge sweetly, "that wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please."

"I thought this lesson was about learning spells with our wands?" I asked Draco, from what he was saying I was very excited to be learning defensive spells.

Draco shrugged and took out his book lazily.

"Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it?" stated Professor Umbridge, turning to face the class. "The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any Ministry-approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see in your O.W.L year. You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following a carefully structured, theory-centred, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please."

She used her wand to write the words 'Course Aims' on the chalkboard.

For a couple of minutes, the room was full of the sound of scratching quills on parchment. When everyone had copied down Professor Umbridge's three course aims she asked. "Has everybody got a copy of Defensive Magical Theory by Wilbert Slinkhard?"