5. The New Malfoy

Lucius' breath hitched, the boy thought he was his father. Unsure what to say, he faltered for a minute leaving an awkward and eerie silence in the air.

"Where am I dad?" asked Y/N, rubbing his eyes as if he had just awoken from a long nap.

Lucius regained his composure and decided to go for it. "You're safe now, I'm taking you home."

Getting up, Y/N wobbled slightly and his knees gave in, causing him to fall over, luckily Lucius was there to catch the boy and place him back up on his feet. "Do you need help?" asked Lucius.

Y/N shook his head. "I'll be fine."

Together, the H/C boy and the platinum blonde-haired man walking side by side. What was Lucius going to do when he got back? How were Draco and Narcissa going to react? He knew Narcissa was close with Marissa back in the day. He knew Draco and Y/N had a rocky relationship, they weren't friends but there were signs of them becoming friends last year during the Triwizard Tournament. Other questions were in Lucius' mind, was he going to pretend there was another Malfoy? Was he going back to Hogwarts? How would Y/N's friends react to the sudden reappearance of their supposed dead friend? What would Albus Dumbledore do? What would the Dark Lord do?

"Hold onto my arm." Lucius instructed when they reached an area where no Muggle was bound to walk by. Lucius was going to take the boy home, before he left he naturally placed Y/N's coffin back in and recovered it, just to make it not suspicious. Y/N obediently took Lucius' arm and they Apparated back to the outside of the Malfoy Manor. After the apparition, Y/N looked quite uneasy but quickly regained colour in his pale face.

Walking nervously to the front door, Lucius unlocked it before walking in. It was as Narcissa and Draco were awaiting his arrival as there were there by the door, watching Lucius walked in with a boy that was meant to be dead.

"Lucius..." Narcissa said in a whisper.

"Meeting in the dining room," Lucius said, "Y/N can you wait here?"

Y/N nodded and Lucius went to the dining room, accompanied by his wife and his son.

"What's he doing here?" asked Draco in shock.

"This something to do with what Marissa did, isn't it?" Narcissa asked.

Lucius addressed Narcissa's question first. "Yes, I realised that there was no way the boy could've died due to the sacrifice...and the prophecy..." he stopped for a minute before continuing, "he will stay here for the time being, Draco he thinks I'm his father so you will treat him as a brother."

"What about when we go back to school? His Blood-traitor friends and the Mudblood that loves him will recognise him." Draco replied.

"He will have to undergo a new, false identity. Although I'm sure Dumbledore will not take long to figure out his true identity." Lucius explained.

"What about our friends?" asked Narcissa, referring to the occasional Death Eaters who would come to visit the Malfoy Manor. "What if the Dark Lord finds out? He would've gone looking for the boy soon anyways."

Lucius sighed. "These are all risks we face but we need to help the boy, he is not destined to die yet. Yes the Dark Lord would've sent someone else to find the boy but he has no idea where the boy was buried so we have time right now, but it won't be long until the Dark Lord finds him and continues with his...plan."

"Are you going to present him to the Dark Lord?" Narcissa asked.

Lucius shrugged, even he didn't know what his plan was. "Not yet..."

Narcissa nodded. "We should start changing him."

Lucius called out to the front entrance. "Y/N, here if you please."

Y/N walked into the room. "Mum? Dad? Issac?"

Draco was shocked at the fact the L/N boy was not able to recognise him as Draco Malfoy, his arch-nemesis.

"Are we using a Memory Charm?" asked Narcissa.

Lucius shook his head. "It is too dangerous to meddle his memories, there aren't that many right now, what we tell him he will be sure to believe."

Lucius turned to Y/N. "That's not Issac, that's your brother Draco. Your name is Y/N F/N (F/N is your fake name for your fake identity as a Malfoy) Malfoy. You go by your middle name F/N at Hogwarts, you're about to start your fifth year and you're a Slytherin."

Draco's eyes widened, the boy was a Gryffindor, how was he going to switch to a Slytherin?

As if he read his son's mind, Lucius responded. "Severus Snape will help us."

"We need to fix his hair." Narcissa commented. She drew out her wand with a flourish and changed Y/N's H/C hair to a matching blonde like the other Malfoys. The boy had E/C eyes and now blonde hair, another feature on his face was a distinguishable cut across his face. A scar similar to Harry Potter's. As well as this, his wand, the same wand he had used all his life was disguised. It would be too obvious if Y/N showed back up to Hogwarts under a false identity but in possession of the 'deceased' Y/N's wand.

"We have to hide him from the family." Narcissa whispered into the husband's ear and he nodded.

"You're going to be sharing a room with your brother Y/N. We will refer to you as Y/N at home but anywhere outside you go by F/N, understood?"

Y/N nodded and then Lucius commanded Draco to talk Y/N up to his room and talk to his new brother.

Draco had mixed opinions about this, it was weird having another kid in his house, let alone a kid that was now his supposed brother. It was all too confusing but Draco decided that having new company wouldn't be so bad.

"So Draco," Y/N asked, "how's Hogwarts?"

"You don't remember?" Draco asked, referring to Y/N's previous years at Hogwarts.

"I don't think I've ever been, I know a few spells though." Y/N replied.

"Do you know how to play Quidditch?" asked Draco.

Y/N shrugged. "Is that the sport on brooms?"

Draco nodded. "C'mon, let's go to the garden, I'll teach you."

Y/N nodded happily and followed his new brother outside.

All the way London, Harry Potter and his two best friends were residing at Number Twelve  Grimmauld Place, discussing theories about what Voldemort's dangerous weapon was. No one really had an idea and they were all so confused by it that they just decided to leave the matter behind and focus on enjoying the last few weeks left on the Summer holiday.

As for Harry's Ministry hearing, it went alright. Harry just said that Dumbledore was there but he barely made contact with Harry. He was let off and was allowed to go back to Hogwarts but he mentioned a woman named Dolores Umbridge who seemed to have a hatred for Harry, it didn't concern him though because, in his eyes, it was just a random Ministry woman who he would probably never see again.

That week, their Hogwarts letters came and to everyone's surprise, Ron was made Prefect. Hermione was the other Prefect which was no surprise. She asked Harry if she could borrow Hedwig so she could tell her parents. Part of Harry expected him to be Prefect, but that was arrogant of him and he didn't want to be that kind of person, but Ron? Why him. Harry then felt himself think a sickening thought that made him a terrible person: if Y/N was still alive then he would've been Prefect, not Ron, not Harry, Y/N.

"Mother! Father! I'm Prefect!" Draco Malfoy announced to his parents, over by the Malfoy Manor.

"Congratulations!" Narcissa said.

"I expected nothing less." Lucius said proudly.

Y/N smiled at Draco. "Did I get anything?"

Lucius sighed, obviously Y/N had no letter yet. He would have to write to Snape soon and explain the situation, he obviously knew about the whole Marissa situation and prophecy and naturally, Snape would know of the Dark Lord's plan.

Lucius was about to reply when Draco cut in. "You can be joint Prefect with me Y/N!"

Y/N smiled contently. "Thanks Draco."

Lucius smiled at Narcissa and they beamed at the two boys, for a split second, they felt like a real family.