18. The Boy Who Also Lived

Y/N's POV

The Christmas holidays came quickly and I was planning on going back to the Malfoy Residence for the holidays but Dumbledore requested that I go see him and stay with some other people during the holidays. I knew my parents would approve so Dumbledore spoke to them personally, I was surprised they agreed. I had so many questions, a couple nights ago I had a dream...it felt more like a vision. I saw the past and everything was clear to me, I wasn't a Malfoy, I was Y/N L/N. I was almost a hundred percent sure that my kiss with Hermione triggered this. There was so many questions and I needed someone to confirm it.

How on earth did I survive a killing curse?

Hermione sent me a letter, she told me about how Ron's father had been attacked, she also wished me a Merry Christmas and said that nearer to Christmas, she would send my present. I knew she was staying at this place, Grimmauld Place so I decided to give her present then.

I walked into the Headmaster's office, looking around, I was going to confront him.

"Hello F/N," Dumbledore said brightly.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm Y/N, I know it. My first name is Y/N, my parents just told me to go by my middle name, F/N. Why didn't you tell me? How am I alive? Why are the Malfoys my parents?" I said angrily, all these thoughts pouring out my mouth.

"Sit down...Y/N," Dumbledore said, "it's time I told you everything...I was going to tell you this Christmas but you've already figured it out."

I gritted my teeth. "I deserved to know earlier."

"I was just trying to protect you." Dumbledore said.

"From what?" I said, glaring at the old man.

"Lord Voldemort." Dumbledore said with a sigh. "The less people knew about you returning, the less danger you were in. He wants you to be on his side, you are his secret weapon."

"S-secret weapon?"

"I will explain everything to you, starting at how you survived." Dumbledore said, I sat down and looked at the man, curiosity in my eyes.

"Your mother, Marissa, was a very bright witch and in her time, she excelled in Charms and I remember seeing her studying spells with Lily Evans."

"Harry's mum..." I said.

Dumbledore nodded. "I'm sure you are familiar with Harry's story against Voldemort,"

I nodded.

"Well yours is similar, Marissa casted a Protection spell over you, so that you could not be harmed by Voldemort. It is such advanced magic that Voldemort himself has no way of countering it. This is why you are his weapon, if he cannot kill you, he wants you on his side."

"V-voldemort can't kill me?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes Y/N, he cannot. So when you were hit with the killing curse and presumed dead, I kept my thoughts private. I remember Marissa coming to me for guidance and I promised not to tell anyone. Voldemort himself will know as he questioned Marissa for a way to kill him, but was never successful. His Death Eaters will know, which is why Lucius Malfoy took you in, I suspect he wanted to keep you safe before handing you over to Voldemort." Dumbledore continued.

"D-do my real parents know?" I asked shakily, this was a lot of information to process.

"No, Marissa was very secretive about it and most of the people who knew have either sworn to keep it a secret or are dead."

I realised he was talking about Harry's mother.

Dumbledore carried on. "Your memory was lost for a brief period of time when you returned, but when you saw and surrounded yourself with people from the past, Miss Granger particularly, I assume you started getting some of your memories back."