22. The Inquisitorial Squad

Y/N's POV

We had quickly returned back to school after the Christmas holidays had ended and I promptly found myself back hanging around the likes of Draco. I couldn't lie, I was starting to remember how much of a prick he was to me before this whole incident. However, I still felt bad for him since we had gotten along so well during the summer and when he wasn't around his friends, he was genuinely a nice guy.

"So where did you go this Christmas?" asked Draco as we were doing our Transfiguration homework.

"Visited some friends..." I said, unsure of what else I could've said, I still had to keep up my act as a Malfoy since it would play a big part in Dumbledore's job for me. It was likely that Lucius Malfoy would find out that I knew I wasn't really a Malfoy, but I would remain oblivious until it was certain Lucius knew.

Malfoy opened his mouth to say something but then Pansy came and started openly demanding attention from Draco, much to my disgust.

I continued finishing my homework and quickly dismissed myself afterwards, I had barely been spending time around my Slytherin peers. All I wanted to do was be in the presence of Hermione but ever since her rejection we had both avoided each other. I was lying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It had recently become something I did very regularly, due to the fact that I had a lot on my mind, too much if I was being honest.

"F/N!" I heard Draco say as he entered the dormitory. "We need you to come with us to Umbridge, she wants to meet with the Inquisitorial Squad."

I nodded, got out of bed and followed Draco to Professor Umbridge's office.

"Good evening." Professor Umbridge said sweetly.

"Good evening Professor Umbridge." we chorused back.

"You may be wondering why I've gotten you guys to come here," Umbridge started, "but it has come to my attention that we may have an illegal organisation here in Hogwarts."

My heart dropped, surely she didn't mean the DA?

"I want you to all go snooping around, see if you can find any clues and report back to me."

"Who are the students involved in this club?" I asked Umbridge, praying that she didn't hear from anyone that I was part of the DA.

Umbridge looked at me. "Well F/N, I have my suspicions but the main suspect will be no other than Harry Potter and his little troupe of friends."

I nodded. "Ok Professor, we'll see what we can discover."

We left and Draco started speaking about Harry, Ron and Hermione. Telling our little group that he intended to find out what was going on.

"F/N," Draco started, "you've spoken to them before...we need you to try find out for us. Be a spy, a double agent."

I sighed, what was it with me and being a double agent?

"Alright Draco, I'll see what I can find."

The next day, I felt the Galleon in my pocket heat up and I understood what it meant, there was to be another DA meeting. That would be a great chance for me to tell them about Umbridge's suspicions.

The only interesting thing that happened between now and the next meeting was Umbridge's dismissal of Professor Trelawney and Dumbledore hiring a replacement, Firenze. Much to Umbridge's disgust. I witnessed the scene, it seemed like there was no hope for Trelawney but then Dumbledore came and saved the day. I wanted to go speak to him then, but he swiftly disappeared and I never had the chance to speak to the Professor.