¹⁴grace and annalise

clementine

"Go! Go for it!" Calum encourages, banging on the table as Mara shrinks into her seat, cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

The whole time we were in the carnival, our group of eight stuck by each other, often creating so much noise that drew in annoyed glares from strangers.

With the influence of Michael and Ashton, Mara and Cameron were more energetic and loud. It was like they were intoxicated with the two boys' chaotic mess. Honestly, I loved it.

Our group is more quiet and reserved, and I assumed the four boys were the exact opposite. I loved seeing our two groups meld perfectly with each other.

We managed to stay in the carnival for about six more hours, just eating, watching the performances and movies that were set up, and talking like we'd known each other for years.

By six in the evening, we piled into two cabs and drove to a pub Michael and Ashton suggested, which ended up just being a block from mine and Mara's apartment.

It was called McAllister's and it thankfully wasn't too packed. It had a few drunks here and there, some guys picking up girls, and the occasional lone wolf sitting by the bar - it was good enough for us.

The plan of staying there for an hour two was forgotten, and by the time we'd remembered, time had ticked itself to twelve thirty-six. So much for two hours.

We drank and sang in the karaoke stage, our words slurring into the next and making no sense at all. The people in the bar didn't seem to mind, so we managed to continue for hours at length. At one point, Michael had begun recording everything that was going on and had uploaded it to his Instagram - thankfully avoiding my and my friends' faces.

Cameron and Harish had gone home at ten and left Mara and I with the four boys. By eleven, Mara had started to eye the man sitting by the bar, stirring her drink slowly as they practically undressed each other by sight.

When Calum and Luke noticed, they encouraged her to go up to him, whisper-shouting so the man wouldn't hear.

"Stop it, oh my god," Mara buries her face in her hands as she grins, unable to keep her excitement in. When she looked up, her eyes immediately widened. "Guys, guys, guys, he's looking over." She squirms in her seat and attempts to fix herself up, awkwardly glancing at me and the boys. "Please don't embarrass me,"

I chuckle and shrug. "Mara, just go up to him," I say before taking a sip of the beer in front of me.

Mara sighs and downs her drink before abruptly standing up and looking nervously at all of us. "Lady and gentlemen, Imma go and hit that fine piece of ass,"

She walks up to the man, trying to add confidence in her stept-though all I see is hesitance - and sat beside him, saying something to the bartender before talking to the man.

I bite back a smile and down the rest of my drink, trying to refrain myself from saying something snarky about him. I don't like him one bit, he looks like someone who only dresses up for a one night stand and treats his relationships like shit.

Then again, who wouldn't indulge in the wrong kind of people once in a while just for a night? It's like taking a drag from a cigar. Even though you know it's bad for you, you need the satisfaction of having done it at least once.

If you don't have at least one one night stand, you'd be called inexperienced or a prude, too much then you're a slut, just enough then you're only human. Believe me, there's a whole justification system that's total bullshit, yet most people abide by it.