¹⁶recently

clementine

"Ssh, be quiet," I hold my index fingers against my lips, gesturing for Luke to stay quiet as I pulled out my keys and opened my apartment door.

Immediately, after opening the door wide enough for the both of us to get in, we hear Mara and her one night stand in her bedroom, unmistakably going at it from the sound of their moans.

I snort, giggling behind my palm like a little child. When I look up at Luke, he has the widest set of eyes I've ever seen.

I move further into the apartment, Luke trailing behind me as though he's scared he'd get lost.

We both tiptoe around the apartment, trying our best to stay quiet and not having to look into each other's eyes - at least I am, fearing he'd know exactly what I'm thinking about.

I spot the guitar leaning against the back of the couch and I immediately head for it, grabbing it and getting ready to head back out. Instead, I see Luke reach for something on the floor.

When he rises, I stifle a laugh as he holds two cats in his arms, Sunny and Darth.

He looks absolutely taken with the two creatures, as though it's the first time he's ever seen a cat up close.

I nudge my head towards the door, leaning closer to him so I could whisper. "What are you doing? We need to go!"

He nodded. "These are children and I'm not leaving them here," He marches to the door and gestures for me to follow.

I chuckle at the view of him carrying two cats. It's a comical sight at best. "Guess we're bringing them," I shrug and take the cat treats from the coffee table before rushing after Luke and closing the door behind me.

We make our way to the lifts and ride our way to the top floor, and as quickly as I can, I take my phone put and take a photo of him and the cats. He protests against it, saying he looks absolutely silly but I say I'd never delete it.

Once the lift doors open, we make our way out and climb the stairs to the rooftop, Luke refusing to let me hold Sunny and Darth as they squirmed and wriggled in his arms.

When he talks to them, I notice he doesn't change his voice in the way people usually do, which is talking in a higher pitch the way you do with babies. Instead, Luke talks to them like he's conversing with people, oddly enough.

"Sunny, stop that, I swear," He scolds the ginger cat, trying to securely hold him in his arm.

I chuckle as I step up the last stair, pushing open the steel door that leads to the rooftop. "That's actually Darth you're talking to," I said giving him way to enter.

He looks up, deadpanning then looking between the two cats. "Ohh..." He cracks a grin then raises both of them like two trophies. "I see, so Sunny is the black one, Darth is the ginger one," He laughs at the irony and walks past me, forgetting his argument with Darth. "You think you're so funny, huh?"

"Hey, it's a great idea," I shrug and lead him to one corner of the rooftop where two plastic chairs and a metallic table are set.

It has water stains all over the glass top, its legs rusting over time. It used to have a pair of metallic chairs but they both broke and were replaced by two, cheap plastic chairs that are somehow more sturdy.

Luke drops Sunny and Darth on the table and takes a seat, watching me open the treat bag I brought and lay out a few treats for the two cats.

As far as cats go, Sunny and Darth are pretty tame. They're the lazy kind, either sleeping, grooming, or eating, and there are hardly in-betweens.