²¹the intrigue of the imperfect dancer

luke

I look around the bathroom, decorated with a Shrek shower curtain and blue matt right beside the shower.

I notice that Clementine and Mara's toothbrushes are red and a lavender sort of colour. The only thought left is my wondering as to which brush is Clementine's.

Not to be creepy, just curious.

I have some sort of odd belief in my head that any choice Clementine makes, she has some perfectly articulate, philosophical answer that will completely astound me.

To be honest, she could say the most unflattering thing and I'd still think the same. For all I know, they're both the same to me.

I'm too interested in the way she thinks. The way she moves is too graceful, like she dances ballet, though I know she's not too favourable in that department as I'd seen from the night before how she moves like a baby giraffe learning how to walk. It's not embarrassing, it's cute.

She jutted her hips from left to right, her arms swaying around, her eyes closed to the upbeat music, her smile bringing one upon my lips. She felt the music in her bones, I knew it, and the way she didn't know how to dance at it made her even more perfect to me.

Each choice she made made me wonder how her mind worked. Why did she wear those boots to the bone? What made them so special? How did it all go wrong with Aiden and her? Why does she think she couldn't be worth my time?

I fix up my hair across the mirror, smoothing it down with some splashes of water before gargling some in my mouth and spitting out.

After straightening my attire up, I finally open the bathroom door and head out, seeing Clementine from the kitchen with her toes on their tips and half her face shoved into a cupboard.

Darth sits on the counter, smelling the rim of a pink mug with a small photo on the front.

Approaching, I realise she's planning to make coffee. "Mind if I help?" I ask, a smile on my face.

She flinches, moving her arm and hitting the cupboard door.

The handle hits the bridge of my nose, causing a sharp, stinging pain to move through me.

I stumble back as I cup my hands around the new wound, hissing at the pain at such an unfamiliar place.

I hear something shatter before a shriek sounds - then Clem huffs out a shocked breath, putting a hand on her chest. "Luke!" She exclaims, eyes wide in surprise at my sudden presence.

"Hey," I manage to groan out through the stinging, poking the wound and observing the tip of my finger. "Huh..." My brows furrow at the faint red stain on my skin, surprised at how rough that handle must've been.

Clementine's eyes grow wide as saucers and she clasps a hand on her mouth. "Oh, I am so sorry," She comes closer and gently puts both hands around my face, turning it so she could see how bad the damage was. "Luke, I'm so sorry, I should've seen you," She says apologetically, her tone dripping with remorse.

She's so beautiful up close. She has faint freckles on the bridge of her nose, scattering across her cheeks, and messy brows that aren't the clean-cut kind like every girl I see. She has slight dark circles around her eyes but not enough to make her look sick. Her lips are a soft, blushing pink, pouting at the mess she's guilty of.

How can anyone look this way? So effortlessly glowing and not even know it.

I laugh it off, letting her hold me in her soft hands, relishing in the fact that she's holding me so gently - the gentlest anyone has ever held me. "No, no, it's on me. I shouldn't have snuck up," I shake my head.

I notice that she's tiptoeing to almost meet my face. Normally, she stands tall up to my neck when she wears her boots. Without them, just level with my shoulders. Now, her eyes level with my lips, but I slightly bend my knees to help her out a bit.

She sighs, face scrunched up as she looks over my nose. "Come on, let's get you fixed up," She lets go, letting her hand fall on my chest, her eyes still fixed on my nose.

Noticing where her hand is, she retracts it and clear her throat, turning to head to the bathroom.

I follow her inside, watching as she opens the shelf behind the mirror. She takes out a piece of cotton and a tan bandaid, giving them to me and telling me to take a seat on the closed toilet.

Following her orders, she continues to take out a clear bottle with a yellowish substance inside, setting it on my hand before taking a pull of tissue and wetting it.

She turns to me, momentarily glancing at my eyes, an expression I can't figure crossing her eyes before she looks down at my nose. "This is going to sting," She warns, gently patting the wet tissue on my nose.

Just as she warned, it causes a stinging feeling and I hold back from pulling away, letting her clean the wound as gently as she could.

I keet my eyes on her, paying much attention to how she holds me - steadily with on hand as the other cleans my wound. Her eyes are focused on the job, mine are stuck on her fine features and the way she chews the insides of her cheeks in attentiveness.

She glances down at me. "What?" The corners of her lips turn up.

I shake my head, tearing my eyes away and to the tiny flowers printed on her dress. "Nothing" I shrug and look back at her.

Her brows are turned in an unconvinced manner, telling me she doesn't believe me despite having said not many words.

"Nothing, just... thank you," I say, timidly letting my eyes fall to the floor, unsure of what's really happening.

She finishes up cleaning my wound and she throws the tissue away. "I hit you and you bled, I feel bad," She half pouts and takes the cotton from my hand, drenching the middle with a yellowish substance from the bottle she gave me.

"Yeah, but you didn't mean it," I regrettably scrunch up my nose, causing the stinging to come back.

"But it still must've hurt" She places the stained cotton on my wound and takes the band-aid from me, carefully placing it on the cotton and sticking it onto my skin.

"No, not really," I lie as she finishes up and taps the tip of my nose with a light finger.

She giggles at her action and leans against the sink, a ghost of a smile left on her lips.

At this moment my mind is running too fast, no longer thinking of the wound she patched up but of how she looked. The small window by the shower let in a ray of sunlight, casting over the mid of her body, to half her face.

Before I can continue on, we hear a jingling sound come into the room and we both pan our gaze to the floor, where trotting in is a ginger-haired cat with bright eyes, looking up at Clementine and spitting out a quiet mew.

"Oh, I forgot their breakfast," Clementine mutters mostly to herself, closing her eyes at her forgetfulness.

I stand up and scoop the cat into my arms, cradling him like a baby before walking out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. "Come on!" I call to Clementine. "You make our breakfast, I'll prepare theirs,"

"Oh, wow, giving me the easier job, huh?" She sarcastically replies before taking a brush and pan from a closet by the bathroom and sweeping the broken particles of the mug into it, the parts clinking with each other as she discards of them.

"Your kitchen, Ivers,"

╳╳╳

vee is back! tell a friend!
even though it's friday and not saturday, have a chapter because im excited. i just finished writing act1 and am now very hyped up to write the first chapter of act2.

ily ! tpwk !