⁶²pretty boy

clementine

"I'm not sure what your view was, there in New York, but I assure you that ours can't even begin to compare to it," Nat tells me as we reach the rooftop of our apartment building. "And that's not a compliment,"

When I look around, I find that she's not exactly exaggerating. There isn't much of a view besides the tops of other buildings, some trees, and other rooftops that aren't that pretty either.

Far enough, I can see the buildings, but not as much as New York did. In there, in an instant, you'd feel like the smallest thing in the world with all the glass giants towering over you. On a rooftop, it does get less intimidating, as it sort of feels like you're telling them "look, I can see you eye to eye".

In LA, this isn't the case. There aren't many buildings to intimidate you, but rather, it's the people. This is the city where celebrities flock to reside in, and it wouldn't be a surprise if you were to stumble upon their fans.

As far as the city comes across, LA's the city where you plan to make it. From Luke's words, it takes a miracle to actually make it.

"I can't... say I disagree," I reply to Nat, trying to squint so I can perhaps spot the Ackerman Studios building. "Nevertheless, it's still made a good impression on me,"

Nat squats down and leans back, scuffing her shoe off the cement. "Y'know, I've known you for, like, a week, and I still don't know that much about you," She says, looking down at one shoe and untying it before retying it a small ribbon.

I shrug, squatting across her and watching as she unties her other shoe. "I don't know. Not much to know, I guess,"

What I've gathered is that she's the overly-friendly type, open and enthusiastic about most things. It felt good to know someone as such, considering I'm barely scraping that surface of extroversion.

She looks up and gives me an incredulous look. "I beg to differ," She chuckles, putting her chin on one palm as if in contemplation. "What's your favourite colour?"

I smile. "Blue and yellow. You?"

"Pink and black," She replies, narrowing her eyes at the ground and scouring her mind for another question. "D'you have any siblings?"

Nodding, she claps loudly. "I've got three. Two brothers and one sister,"

"Oh, that's cool. I've got one sister," She says before returning to her pensive state, humming as she thinks up another question. "D'you have any special someone in your life?" She shimmies her shoulders and dances her brows up and down.

I hesitate to answer, but a small smile wears my lips to an upwards motion.

"I saw that! You do have someone," She points at me and laughs.

I shake my head, shoving away her pointed finger. "Come on. This isn't important to you knowing things about me,"

She rolls her eyes and persists anyway. "Come on," She mimics my voice and twirls her hair. "I'll tell you my 'someone', and you tell me yours," She encourages, and I'm reminded of being thirteen and trying to squeeze out your friend's crush's name on the playground.

I shake my head continuously. "It's complicated,"

"Isn't everything?" She quickly responds. "My someone is my girlfriend of two years, Rosanna, we used to work together, and I knew she liked me back when she told me to go home early because all-nighters didn't work for my complexion," She shakes my arm and ignores my shocked expression. "Your turn,"

I hold back a laugh at her 'someone'. "Your complexion? She just might be the one, Nat,"

"Psh, don't pay attention to that. Although she did give me sunscreen that one time," She clutches to my arm and slightly sways me back and forth. "Can I ask why things are complicated?"