13. 148 IQ

"Here is your sea bass, and here sir, is your steak. That will be all for tonight, should you request my assistance, please feel free to ring the bell anytime."
~

"Oh my god, that was absolutely delicious. Jimin do you get to eat like this everyday?"

"Well not everyday, but definitely more often ever since Tae took me in."

"You know, what does that mean? What happened when you were young?"

"Uh, ok, I'll tell you because you're really nice."

"What? No, you don't have to tell me if your uncomfortable."

"Ok then. Thank you." Jimin grinned.

"Don't do anything if it makes you uncomfortable."

"Thanks heh. Anyway... I was always wondering, what does the 148 in your username stand for? Is it just a random number? Wait no, no one would put random numbers in their username. Do they?"

"Huh, what a great question. Uh, don't freak out when I tell you."

"Ok... You're making me nervous."

"It, uh, i-it is actually my, uh, IQ number!"

"Namjoon! I could've helped out you know!"

"Woah! No way! Are you serious?"

"Y-Yeah, I was top of my school."

"Well, if you don't mind, let me put you to the test with some riddles! I love these, they're always so fun to try and solve."

"Why does that sound really sarcastic?"

"No, no really! Anyway, hmm..." Jimin pulled out his phone.

"This steak is really red and juicy!" Namjoon quickly said.

"Now you want my help huh? Actually, you know what, this is nice cover story for what that number actually stands for. Guess you'll have to keep acting as a smartass."

"Hmm... someone with a 148 IQ. You really are amazing! Anywho... here! Ahem, what goes through cities and fields, but never moves?"

"A road."

"A road!"

"Wow! I guess you do have a 148 IQ."

"Well, I mean the riddle wasn't that hard."

"I know you want to say thank you, so you're very welcome. How did I know the answer you ask? Well, with the power of the internet anything is possible."

"Oh gosh, how are you broke again?"

"Uh... I don't want to get into that."

"Understood!" Jimin said with smile.

The rest of the night went smoothly, with Yoongi helping out Namjoon here and there. Jimin just having the time of his life. They finished their meals and Jimin paid the bill; Namjoon covered his eyes, wanting the bill to never come into his line of sight. Then they walked out to the car park.

"Jimin, thank you for such a wonderful night."

"Ah! I see you guys! I had to wait outside the restaurant because I wasn't about to pay that insane amount for food. No point in me being in the restaurant if I can't even see you."

"Oh please! It was my pleasure Joonie. Anyway, come on let me drive you home."

Once he got into the car, Jimin noticed a familiar face in the car on the opposite side. He was brought back to reality as Namjoon said his name.

"Chim Chim? You ok?"

"Uh, yeah, I just thought I saw someone I knew. It's not them."
~

"Jimin, I honestly can't thank you enough. I didn't see it before, but... please tell me the cost of what I ate."

"Haha! No."

"Wh-What? I need to know the amount that I have to pay you back with!"

"Hmm... Instead, why don't you just take me on another date?"

"U-Uh, ok."

"Do you... not want a second date?"

"No no no! I definitely do! I just don't know how to top off what you did for me!"

"Haha! Well, I'm sure you'll find something. Goodbye Joonie."

Jimin shyly looked to the floor before looking back at Namjoon and smothering him in a hug.

"I think it would've been a bit much if I were to kiss you."

"Yeah, after just coming out of a relationship, I hope you accept that I want to take things slow."

"Of course! Text me the details for our next date!" Jimin flashed a cute smile, which in turn made Namjoon show his dimples.

"I'll see you Chim Chim! Thank you again for everything!"

"No problem!"

After that, Namjoon went back to his apartment and opened the door to a curious looking Hoseok.

"Joonie~ Who was that?"

"Aish, did you see him?"

"Well, I didn't properly see his face but... I saw your blush!"

"Sit down and let me explain every- wait hold on, I'm getting side-tracked. Why are you in my apartment?"

"Yoongi wasn't picking up his phone so I decided to go to his house but he wasn't there. Then I tried to call you and you didn't pick up either. This made me come to your apartment. Then I got really tired and fell asleep on your bed. But I woke up just before you came back!"

"How does someone just 'get tired' and fall asleep? You know what, you can crash here if you want. It's a little late to go out so just stay here."

"So, uh, where is Yoongles?"

Namjoon smirked as he turned to look at Hoseok, staring at the slight tint of red on his cheeks.

"If Yoongi wasn't so goddamn dense, y'all could've been a thing by now. I freaking love Yoonseok. I honestly see all of the goddamn chemistry you have, but apparently Yoongles doesn't." He sighed.

"Yeah! Like honestly I don't understand." Hoseok pouted.

Namjoon's heart sunk as he realized what he had to do.

"Uh, Hoseok..."

"Hmm?"

"Yoongles doesn't like you back romantically."

Hoseok sighed wistfully as he looked away.

"I know. He has eyes for someone else now. I saw the look on his face the other day."

"I'm sorry Hobi."

"What? You out of all people don't have to be sorry. I'm thankful that you didn't sugarcoat anything and just told me the straight truth. Thank you."

Namjoon went over to Hoseok who tried to hold back the ears that were welling up in his eyes.

"It's ok."

"Thanks Joonie. Thing is, I don't think I'll ever stop loving him."

"Hobi..."

"I've tried to move on so many times... yet I just couldn't help but just to compare them to Yoongles. They're not him."

"Hobi, maybe you just have to wait for the right guy."

"Yeah, maybe."