17. kim taehyung (jimin flashback)

Soo-ah didn't know what to think. Seeing her husband's mug shot on the screen like that, the news playing footage of what happened on that fateful day.

"Mom..."

"I-I..."

"Are you ok?"

"We've been together for quite a while now... I always thought he was such a hardworking honest man, but he sunk so low to the point where he would a commit such a crime I-"

"It's ok... Don't worry mom... Maybe they will find him innocent at the trial."

"I-I hope so. I don't want my husband to be a criminal."

16-year old Jimin wrapped his arms around his mother as she soaked his shirt with her tears. Jimin's eyes were dull, having lost any sort of respect for Seo-jun. An undeniable rage filled him, but he still hoped that he would be innocent - prioritizing his mother's happiness. Yet, Seo-jun's innocence seemed to wither away as Mr. Sang and his gang all pinned the blame on him.
~

Seo-jun shoulders slumped as he leaned against the bars of the holding cell.

"Oi, Park Seo-jun. Someone's here to visit you."

"W-What? Really?"

"Yeah - I'm assuming your son. He goes by 'Park Jimin'."

"Oh! Please take me to him!"

The guard walked with Seo-jun to go see Jimin.

"Hey Jiminie!"

"Don't call me that."

"Aww why not?"

"SEO-JUN YOU PIECE OF SHIT. SHUT YOUR DAMN MOUTH."

"J-Jimin."

"NO. DON'T EVEN CALL ME THAT SEO-JUN. Call me Park. It's mom's last name and you took it. BUT NOW YOU BETTER GIVE IT BACK SCUMBAG!"

"P-Park, you have to believe that I didn't do anything wrong! THEY BLACKMAILED ME!"

"Oh yeah? With what?"

"With mom!"

"Huh. What did they say?"

"'What's gonna happen to your family if you don't do this now?' Or something like that."

"You really thought that we couldn't survive without YOUR help? WE ARE HAPPY. WE ARE SAFE. WE ARE LIVING. STOP LOOKING DOWN ON US. F***ing piece of shit. Take him away."

"W-wait. W-WAIT! WAIT! JIMIN! JIMIN!"

But Jimin was long gone.
~

"Park Seo-jun. You are...

GUILTY!" The gavel came down as the words rang through Seo-jun's ears.

Jimin scoffed as he held his mom's hand - she finally accepted that he has made too many mistakes. Both of them took off, not giving a care.

Once out of court they hugged each other.

"Please don't love that man anymore."

"Don't worry Jimin, the only man I love now is you."
~

Mom and son, hand in hand walked peacefully along the streets, finally free from the man named 'Seo-jun'.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a man ran into Jimin.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. Wait, Park Jimin?"

"I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Oh yeah! I'm Kim Taehyung! We went to the same school when we were 7!"