23. 'chim chim' (jimin flashback)

It was a year after Jimin got a stable job as a waiter at Jin's restaurant and he had never been happier. His mother and him now led peaceful and healthy lives, both of them having jobs that paid well. Jimin grew much closer to Taehyung and started to save up for going back to school - although he would probably end up just asking Suga to tutor him.

Throughout the year, Jimin grew very close to Taehyung and Suga - Taehyung being his best friend of course. Suga was far too busy with his career and has definitely started to blow up as a music producer. However, Jimin realized that he undoubtedly has a crush on Suga. He thinks that Suga might like him back, but even if he did, Jimin wasn't the type to be the one to ask out.

"Taeeeee I don't know what to dooooo..." Jimin whined as he rolled around on the bed; Taehyung was on the couch looking through social media.

"Well, first what are you talking about. Also, second, never mind. You're still unsure about the whole Suga situation."

Jimin mumbles incoherently and stuffs a pillow into his face.

"What if he has a girlfriend? Or a boyfriend? He hasn't introduced us to any of his friends either... Taeeeee I don't know what to dooooo..."

"I've already questioned him about the fact that he doesn't talk about his personal life too much. He just says that we're business partners, so he doesn't feel the need to talk about his close ones."

"But what about me? I'm his good friend..."

"Well, if you really want to know, just ask him directly!"

"B-But I can't!"

"Jiminie, I'm done dealing with you. Go get yourself a man for god sake!"

"Ok ok!"

Jimin collected his things, waved goodbye to Taehyung and started to head out. As he opened the door, he came face to face with the one and only Suga.

"Oh hey Chim Chim! I was just about to come and hang. Didn't feel like going anywhere, but I wanted to see my friends~" Suga showed off his gummy smile before entering Taehyung's apartment, and shutting the door close.

Jimin just stood there and stared at Suga with a tinted face. 

"U-Uh... hyung..."

"Yeah, Chim Chim?"

"D-Do you have a-a-a..."

"Hm?"

"Um..." Jimin shifted his gaze to Taehyung who seemed to be on his phone, but Jimin knew better and that he was actually intently listening to their conversation.

"Do you mind if we go for a walk?"

"Oh sure!"

Taehyung made a pouty face as Jimin walked out the door with a smug grin.

"So...?"

"Uh, right! Um... you never really talk about t-the people in your l-life s-so... U-Um... A-Are you dating anyone?"

"Pfft- No is the answer Chim Chim, and you wanna know why?"

"U-Uh... Ok..."

Suga leaned in close to Jimin's ear. It made his heart beat so loud. 

"Because I like you." Suga whispered, then pulled away with a blush on his face.

"R-Really...?"

"Hehe... yeah... D-Do you like me back?" This nervous side of Suga was never shown to Jimin, and he was surprised.

"Y-Yeah... I like you too." The biggest smile appeared on both their faces as they were bursting with happiness.

"C-Can I k-kiss you?"