25. 'back off' (yoongi flashback)

"What?"

Suga had a hurt expression. He felt anger and confusion and betrayal. He didn't understand why Jimin would doubt him like that and it made Suga angry and dejected.

"You never tell me anything about your 'friend', so it's normal for me to doubt you! Please don't look at me like that. Do you know hurt I am when you tell me he doesn't want to meet me? I mean, why wouldn't want to meet me? What's wrong with me? You've never shown his face to me, I don't know anything about this guy!" Jimin hurriedly tried to defend himself after seeing Suga's miserable look.

"Are you kidding me? You think that it's my fault Hoseok doesn't want to meet you? No! In fact, I've encouraged him countless times to see you but all he ever does is turn me down."

"S-So that's his name? I-I just tell me if you're cheating on me s-so I can suffer l-less heartbreak." Jimin's voice started to crack.

"I'm not cheating on you." Suga said with dull eyes.

"O-Ok then..."

"I'm leaving."

Uncertainty was flooded Jimin's mind, completely unsure of whether or not Suga was actually cheating on him.

"W-Wait!"

"What now?"

"I-I d-don't feel comfortable with the idea o-of you being with H-Hoseok..."

A look of disbelief came upon Suga's face.

"You know what, I don't think I can be with someone who doesn't trust me or Hobi."

"W-What?"

"Either you back off from Hobi or this," Suga gestured towards Jimin and then back to him "this is over."

"W-Wait... you can't be serious."

"You bet I am. Dead serious."

"So you ARE cheating on me aren't you?!"

"EXCUSE ME? I am not that bad of a person to cheat on anyone. Those people are pigs and downright disgusting."

"F-Fine. I believed you're not cheating on me, but I still don't like the fact that this 'Hoseok' person is around you all the time and I've never even seen his face!"

"Well, then you should learn to respect people's privacy and back off. Don't go sticking your nose into other people's business."

"S-So you would choose him over me?"

"Frankly, at this point and because you accused me, yes. So what'll it be?"

"Suga... you're my boyfriend and I love you... can't you put me on top of your priority list?"

"OH, SO WE'RE PLAYING THIS GAME NOW. Tell me then, would you abandon Taehyung to keep being my boyfriend?"

"I-I..."

"You know what, I'm leaving. We can talk this out tomorrow, but know that I'm furious and that you shouldn't contact me before I contact you. Have a good day Jimin."

With that, Suga slammed the door shut. Jimin was stunned and dropped to the floor.

"Oh no... what have I done? I shouldn't have done anything... WHY DOES MY BRAIN HAVE TO BE SO F***CKING STUPID?"

He curled himself into a ball, weeping and crying till he fell asleep. Tears of regret dampening his shirt.
-

Suga was fuming, his blood boiled thinking of how Jimin dared to accuse him of cheating. With his very best friend no less!