||08

Monday June, 8th

Zuko

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    General Zhao was on my last nerves. I stared out into the sea. Zhao was trying to get to the Avatar before me and that didn't leave a good taste in my mouth. Not only did I want to capture the Avatar for myself, but I was worried about Kaida's safety. If the Avatar was to be captured, she certainly would be too.

    I couldn't imagine her going without a fight. Especially when her friends are involved. I sighed and took out her most recent letter. She had sent me plenty of letters, enough that in the last port I had to get a box just to store them in.

     She had always been a hassle to me. I reread the letter for what seemed to be the tenth time.

    Dear Zuko,

    I hope this reaches you in good health. You better be eating right! Anyways, the main thing I need to tell you is about this guy I had met.

    At that part my stomach always dropped to the floor.

     This guy was totally crazy and allowed his past to get the best of him to the point where he almost flooded an entire village. Luckily your best friend was here to save the day. I evacuated the city and saved my friends.

    What I learned from that crazy boy was that everyone needs a second in command. Someone who will always set you straight. Jet (the boy) only had Yes Men who didn't say anything against him. Or when they tried, he just wouldn't listen. I think that was the start of his fall.

    Luckily, we both have a second in command, or many friends who can tell us what's right or wrong. I have Aang, Katara, and Sokka, and of course you. While you not only have me but Uncle Iroh as well. I think out of all you have the best partner. You don't know what I would do to drink tea with Uncle Iroh again.

    Anyways this letter is getting long,

    Kaida

   "What are you smiling about?" Uncle said, standing next to me. Then he peered over my shoulder and I couldn't shield it from his view fast enough. "Oh, another letter from Kaida." He smiled before pouting.

    "I never get a letter from her." The old man said sighing, looking out to the distance.

    "Why would you?" I raised a brow. "You are an old man, what does she even have to talk with you about?" I rolled my eye before putting the paper at my belt. Even though it seemed like every letter she brought up Iroh at least once.

    "I don't think I've seen you respond to her," Uncles smile was back. "I wouldn't be surprised if she dumps you." He teased, which ticked me off.

    "We aren't even together," I grumbled, looking out to the sunset. I just saw Uncle Iroh shake his head. "I don't even want to be with her, the thought makes me sick." It was a lie, I really did want to see her, make sure she was safe. I didn't like being away from her. But she decided to take her own path and leave me behind. I clenched my fists.

    Uncle Iroh sighed, "You never learn. Oh! That reminds me! Zhao told me that we aren't allowed into his territory!" He said with a smile, which made me want to slap it off his face.

    "What didn't you tell me that right away!" I groaned.

    "One more thing..." Iroh frowned, this made me put up my guard. "Look at this, Prince Zuko." He took a piece of paper out of his robe and flipped it open. My stomach dropped once more.