||66

Sunday, August 23rd

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    "Uh I-" I didn't know what to say, I looked into his amber eyes so full of confidence. Maybe its time to live a little, it is the downtime of the revolution. I put my hands behind my back and leaned in a little bit. "Sure! Got any places in mind?"

    His face lights up as if he had just won the biggest gamble of his life. "Yeah! Let's stop at my family's shop!" I nodded my head. I didn't have any plans in mind besides watching over Aang and he should be fine for now. I gave a glance at Aang to see him have his head against a tree. They were probably playing hide and seek.

    I nodded my head and he led the way out of the school grounds and out into the shopping district. The sun was setting over us giving everything an orange hue. "This town is so pretty," I was looking at the red lanterns above us filled with fire.

    "Thanks," Lee gave me a cheeky grin in response. It was like I was complimenting him personally. I smiled to myself, he was so sweet.

    When we arrived at his shop, it was not what I expected, but I wasn't surprised. It seems like his family owned a pretty flower shop, he did seem like a gentle grower of plants. We walked up through the door into his house.

    I took my shoes off and bowed at the entrance, "Thanks for inviting me in," I said to nobody in particular.

    "You don't have to be so formal, come on in." He grabbed my wrist and gently dragged me towards the back of the store where I saw a young female working.

    "Who's this Lee?" The female smiled towards me, a gentle look on her face. I was about to speak but I was cut off by Lee.

    "This is Mai, she's new in town and I was showing her around. Mai, this is my brother's wife." He looked from me to the wife, a grin never leaving his face. "Is Hua home yet?"

    Hua? Who was that? I gave Lee a confused look and he took notice of it. "My little sister," his grin was goofy like he really loved his sister with all his being. My heart fluttered, I wish I had a brother like him.

I looked around the shop, the beautiful flowers, and the soft smell in the air. I was obsessed with it as if I could live here forever. "You like it?" He popped his face into my line of sight. I'm shocked I nodded without thinking.

"It's beautiful," I sighed in awe looking at everything. He nodded his head.

"My family worked really hard for it to look like this," he took in his surroundings. "It's something I'm really proud of." He looked proud of it too.

"Well, it's off to the town!" Lee turned and waves goodbye to his brother's wife. "Tell Hua I'll see her later!" He puts a hand on my shoulder and leads me to the door.

"Where are we going?" I looked up at him. The sun was almost completely set, we didn't have a lot of time before I had to go get Aang.

"To the beach!" He pointed to the split in the mountains towards where the sea was. I nodded my head, then a thought hit me.

"I don't have a swimsuit!" I said in a little panic. He laughed and shook his head.

"We are just going to watch the sunset, I know just the spot." He reassured me and I nodded my head with him. He was the definition of the phrase, 'just trust the process'.

I looked around at the shops to see kids helping their parents pack up their stores for the day. It made me think that if I was born under normal conditions, would this be my life?

The Little Dragonजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें