||16

Tuesday, June 16th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Ugh..." Princess Yue clutched her head as she flopped to the side of the saddle. I started to feel movement in my body, enough for me to sit up.

"Kaida?" Zuko leaned forward to look at me. Worry was in his eyes, "I don't think you should be moving this soon." He put a hand on my cheek.

"Yue? Are you okay?" Sokka got up from where he was sitting to go and comfort Yue.

"What's wrong, Princess?" I said, brushing off Zuko's needless worries about me. I wiggled getting comfortable in Zuko's arm, I leaned my head on his chest.

"I feel faint." She said, her face paling more and more by the minute. I looked up at Zuko to see if he knew what was going on. The look of confusion on his face was apparent. We didn't know what was going on.

"I feel it too." Aang put a hand on his head, following the same gestures as Yue. Then he looked up at the sky, "the Moon Spirit is in trouble."

"I owe the Moon Spirit my life." I stiffened, why in the world did she owe a spirit her life? That was only bad news in the Fire Nation. For example, the face stealer. I shivered at the thought of trading anything or owing anything to a spirit like that. Zuko squeezed me for comfort.

Maybe he would join us after this? I looked up at him to see a blank look on his face. He glanced down at me and raised his brow, which translated into 'what's wrong?' I shook my head before looking back at Yue. I'll ask him personally when tonight is all over.

"What do you mean?" Sokka said sitting down beside her. I sighed at them, they were a cute couple, I have no idea how Sokka got a princess like her to be his girl. I shook my head in disbelief.

"When I was born I was very sick and very weak. Most babies cry when they're born..." She looked off into the distance as if remembering the story her parents had told her. "...but I was born as if I were asleep. My eyes closed. Our healers did everything they could. They told my mother and father I was going to die. My father pleaded with the spirits to save me...  that night, beneath the full moon, he brought me to the oasis and placed me in the pond. My dark hair turned white, I opened my eyes and began to cry – and they knew I would live." She looked at everyone, a frown on her face.

"That's why my mother named me Yue, for the moon." She put her hand on her heart. We approached the gate to the spiritual oasis as she finished her sentence.

"We're here. Everyone off!" Sokka said, putting his hand on the saddle and jumping off. He held out his arms as Princess Yue jumped into them. I almost swooned, but I felt Zuko pick me up bridal style.

"Woah!" I said in shock.

"What do you think you are doing?!" Katara stormed over to us. "Put her down." She pointed at Zuko. I looked back at him.

"I think I can walk." I wasn't too sure, and Zuko could feel my uneasiness.

"We don't have time to discuss, we need to go!" Sokka yelled from below.

"It will be faster if I carry her," Zuko said to Katara before turning his back to her and jumping off.

"I'm sure it would have been faster if I walked..." I mumbled and Zuko just hushed me as we met up with the rest of the group.

We entered through the door just as Zhao held a sword to a bag. The bag was moving, indicating that there was some life inside. My world froze, "No!" I yelled, startling Zuko.