||65

Thursday, August 20th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    "It couldn't be more obvious that you don't belong here." Aang and I cringe, expecting the worst. "Next time you play hooky, you might want to take off your school uniform." Our eyes open wide and we glanced at each other.

    "Heh, heh. Uh!" Aang started to stutter and I held out my hands.

    "I'm sorry officer, it's our first day and we lost our way to school," I frowned, wringing my hands together with my nerves on high alert.

    "Ah," the officer nodded his head in understanding. "So I can assume this is your brother?" He displayed ahead to Aang. I nodded my head and bowed low.

    "If it's not too much of a problem, could you please show us the way to school." My head still low, when dealing with someone higher than you, one must bow in the Fire Nation. Normally I wouldn't have to as the Little Dragon, in the palace only the royal family was higher than me.

    "Of course, this way," The guards started to walk off and I looked at Aang and wordlessly expressed the need to just follow along and trust the process.

    We made it to the entrance, I looked at the guards and bowed again, "thank you so much, we will be heading in now." I pushed Aang towards the gate that was open for us to go in. We walked in and headed towards the office.

    I had been to school before I was thrusted into this wild journey. I went with Mai, Ty-lee, and Azula, at an all females academy. Looking at how Aang and I both have uniforms I can assume this school is co-ed. We made it to the office that was labeled and I knocked on the door. "Woah, so this is what a Fire Nation school looks like."

     I shrugged my shoulders, "more or less." I heard shuffling from behind the door before it slid open.

    "Who's here?" The headmaster snapped at us. I looked towards the ground respectfully.

    "Hello?" I mumble keeping my eyes on the ground, "My brother and I are new here."

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

    Aang and I were split up and I was stuck in a class learning things I had already learned before. I looked out the window to my class. I wonder how Aang was doing? It has been pretty easy so far, the only tough things would probably be the National Anthem, but he could just mouth the words.

    The bell rung to switch homeroom teachers, I felt someone put a hand on my desk. "Mai," I looked up to see a boy looking down at me with a grin on his face. "Hi, I'm Lee!" Lee? I thought about Zuko, that's a name we used when he went undercover.

    "Lee..." I tried his name out on my tongue. I smiled at that, "Hello Lee," I held out my hand, "nice to meet you." His eyes sparkled as he shook my hand.

    "So where are you from?" Another boy popped out from behind Lee. I bit my lip.

    "I'm from the capital," that was true.

    "The capital?" If their eyes weren't sparkling already, they were now, "what are you doing out here then?" Lee said, resting his face on my desk, I shrugged my shoulder.

    "My dad changed jobs," that was a safe answer.

    "I guess it's true that capital girls just don't compare to the girls in the outer city," Another boy was sitting behind the desk. I raised a brow. Were these boys... hitting on me?