||17

Wednesday June, 17th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

I reached the surface of the water, "Zuko!" I cried out trying to swim to him, only to crash into another wave, sending me further away from home.

"Kaida!" He shouted my name as he turned a bend, completely out of sight from me. I kept calling for his name, only to get no reply. I feared the worst, as I drifted further and further away.

Soon the wave became calm enough for me to crawl out. I lifted myself and flopped to the ground soaking wet, and cold. "I hate it here." I sighed as I pushed myself up. "I hate it. It's cold. It's wet." I crossed my arms, trying to keep the heat in.

I sat on a road, there was fighting to my left and right. I was at a split road. Do I go search for my lover? Or do I go and find my friends back in the spiritual place, or whatever it is called.

I sat there a moment before I punched the ground. My flames embedding into it. I stood and started to walk towards where my friends were. I looked back one more time, as if I was looking at Zuko, "we will see each other again." Then I started running towards the spirit realm.

When I pulled the large door open I saw Sokka running towards Yue who was walking over towards the water. I ran to see what was going on. There was a flash of light and I raised my hands to block it from my eyes.

Sokka cried out in dispair, "NO!" I was so confused but I reached them a moment later. I looked down at Princess Yue who floated gracefully in the water. My breath got caught in my throat.

"No..." I gasped to myself, barely above a whisper. I watched as Sokka put his hands on her cheeks before looking away. I frowned, tears prickling my eyes, though like always, they never spilled over.

I watched as Sokka start to softly murmur to himself, "she's gone." He bent fown and hugged her body tightly to him, "she's gone." I raised a hand to my face. I looked away from it, overwhelmed with emotion.

When I turned to look back at her, Yue's body glowed briefly before it disappears in the water. The fish in Iroh's hand glows and he drops the fish back into the water. It begins to swim in the pond. The pond glows white as they look on and a ghostly rises from it. It coalesces into Yue's form, but now she is dressed in white. Her hair floats around her.

For the last time she addresses Sokka, her voice now echoed with a sound that was otherworldly, "Goodbye, Sokka. I will always be with you." She moved closer to him and kissed him. She then faded away into the distance, the moon now back in the sky.

I looked over to Iroh who also had tears in his eyes. I ran over to him, wrapping my arms around him for comfort. He placed his arms comforting me. I didn't know her well but the thought of someone sacrificing themselves to the sake of everyone else was painful. I would be internally grateful to her.

"I must go." He said breaking the hug. I rubbed my eyes, looking back at Sokka who was still looking at the moon in awe.

"I know." I nodded my head. "I lost Zuko and came here." I frowned, "can you give him a proper goodbye for me?" I asked looking up at Uncle Iroh.

He patted my head, "of course," he had a light smile on his face. "Only if you send me letters from now on!" He chuckled making me laugh with him.

"Alright." I nodded my head taking another step back. "I have to go rebuild a city now, bye." I waved and he waved back at me before I ran past Sokka. I wasn't planning to disturb him, something completely tragic had happened, my main goal was to find Katara. She would know what to do with me.