||52

Monday, July 27th

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

When I got home, Zuko was running out the door. It was now very much dark outside. He bumped into me making me fall down the steps, the milk still in my hand. He had a blue mask on his face. He reached down and helped me up, pulling up his masks. "Kaida? Where did you go?"

"Long story. Where are you going?" I looked at the uniform that he had put on. He bit his lip and I held up a hand. "Wait, I'm coming with you." I walked inside and pulled out the Water Bending dress that I had on rom previous times. It had become apart of me. I smiled at it sadly, thinking back to what Katara had said. I clutched it tight to me before putting it on.

I came out Zuko was waiting on the steps his mask off, looking at the sky, "let's go." He turned and looked at me, his eyes softening when he saw what I was wearing he nodded and stood. I didn't even ask what the plan was, but I didn't want to be sitting at home with my thoughts right now.

We started running again. I swear my legs were trying to pull away from my body in order to rest, "Out of my way, skinny." Zuko knocks one of the soulless guards to his knees, and continues rushing past him. The agent readies his stone-glove attack, but Zuko turns and disappears down a side street. I came in after him knocking the agent out when he wasn't looking.

Though another guard rounded the corner, but Zuko was ready, there is the whisper of a drawn blade, and before we both knew what happened Zuko placing a sword at his throat.

"If you don't want to end up like him. You'll do what I say." Even I got a chill from his words.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

We were led to this lake which had an undergrown cavern, turns out that Zuko was looking for Appa too! He saw one of the fliers and couldn't get it out of his head. Hopefully not to do what I think he wants to do. I caught the trail of Appa. "Zuko this way! We aren't that far!" I waved him on. We turned a corner and we reached a hallway that had one barred door.

"He's in there." I walked up to the door, and put my hand to it. I let out a breath before my fire was released from my hand blowing the door of the walls. In there Appa was growling and stamping his feet at us. He looked so worn out that my heart tingled with sadness.

I raised my hand which had a fire, to see how Appa was holding up, only to see him cower back in fear. My eyes widen, was Appa now scared of fire? "Appa it's me?" I stepped forward and he growled again. I put the flame out and he calmed down.

I felt a heat from down the hallway. I turned my hands raised to the incomer. Zuko was the first one to know who it was because he was closest to the door, "Uncle?"

Iroh feigning puzzlement, "so, the Blue Spirit. I wonder who could be behind that mask?"

Zuko finding no point in hiding it tore off his mask, "what are you doing here?" He glared at his Uncle.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing. What do you plan to do now that you have found the Avatar's bison? Keep it locked in our new apartment? Should I go put on a pot of tea for him?" I sat down leaning on Appa.

"He has a point." I shrugged and Zuko looked towards me. "It is best to let Appa go, and be with his owner, the Avatar, that would be the best option, for the good guys." I closed my eyes thinking of Aang and everyone. When this bison flies to them, they will have no idea that it was Zuko and I behind it.