||33

Friday July, 3rd

Kaida

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

"Look, we all have to do our part to win this war. And yours is to teach Aang Earth Bending." For once Sokka said something better than I could, and calmly. I raised my brows in surprise as I looked over at him. He glanced at me once, then twice, raising his brow the second time. I shook my head and focused on Bandit girl in front of me.

"Guards! Guards, help!" The fire within me surged and it took Katara grabbing me and running to not explode on her. How dare she call the guards on us when we need her. So rude.

We rested atop the wall or a nearby roof and watched the guards escort Toph away. "Well, what are we going to do now? Burn her house down? Kidnap her?" Katara's mouth dropped as she looked at me. I shook my head, "I was kidding." I chuckled to myself. I tried to do my best Zuko interpretation.

"I got an idea!" Aang shouted a smile breaking out onto his face before fading into a cunning look. He jumps off the roof and disappears. I look at Katara and Sokka who had as little idea what was going on as I did.

"I think that means to follow him." I jump down the fire bracing my fall. I turn and hold out my hands out for them. "I'll catch you guys." Katara instantly jumped and I caught her, I used my fire to help myself not fall onto my butt.

Sokka was next, "remember last time we did this?" Sokka said, uneasy, he was referring to the swamp monster.

I laughed, "I got you, Sokka." I smiled and he gave me a weary look before jumping. He landed in my arms and I stumbled a bit, but he got down safely. "See?"

He nodded his head, "let's go catch up with Aang." He started running in the direction of the gate we had just left, before the run-in with the Bandit Girl.

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Thanks to Aang being the Avatar our lives were a lot easier in some ways. We were now sitting at the dinner table right across the Blind Bandit that actually goes by Toph. "Avatar Aang, it's an honor to have you visit us." I sat up a little straighter, it has been a while since I had been in the presents of nobles that make me act like one.

"In your opinion, how much longer do you think the war will last?" Toph's father asks, putting his hands on the table in front of him. I lean back again, any noble would know better to address Aang like that. Were they that desperate for an answer? Oh, well, I guess all of us are.

"I'd like to defeat the Fire Lord by the end of summer, but," he glanced over at Toph, I couldn't hide my smirk. He is definitely going to win this battle. "Without finding an Earth Bending teacher first."

"Well, Master Yu is the finest teacher in the land. He's been teaching Toph since she was little." Hey! That's the teacher that made Rock-Eater throw those rocks at me non-stop with any remorse! I narrowed my eyes, but he didn't seem to notice. I steamed up his bowl of soup in front of him and watched him yelp. Then I looked out the window, to avoid glances.

"Then she must be a great Earth Bender, probably good enough to teach someone else." Then he hisses in pain. I shot over to Aang who was glaring at Toph. What in the world was going on? Then it hit me. I subtly raise my feet from the ground to avoid the Earth Bending war that was going on under the table.

"Toph is still learning the basics." The wife said, giving her daughter a loving glance.

"Yes, and sadly because of her blindness, I don't think she will ever become a true master." That's where I raised a brow. They truly did not know their daughter? I raised my napkin to my lips and started to chuckle. I looked to see Sokka looking at me with a smirk. Though we both had them whipped from our face in a second.