08 ' the sakusas

Today's the day Amari would meet his parents and she has trouble picking an outfit. She tries to figure which among her clothes on the racks would make them have the best first impression and later on, chooses a beige dress that would hopefully match with her coat.

SakusaKiyoomi: Are you ready?

Emimimi: Yes!!!

SakusaKiyoomi: OK

Emimimi: You're gonna pick me up right? <33

SakusaKiyoomi: only because you're going to get lost

Emimimi: you're so sweet kiyoomi-san :((

SakusaKiyoomi: I'm already by the door.

Amari immediately drops her phone on the cushions, panicking. She quickly puts on her socks and hangs her black handbag on her shoulder before placing her phone inside. She rushes down the stairs then unto the front door. "Hey," she greets him as she opens the door.

"Hello," he greets her back in a dead tone and stares at her outfit.

"How do I look?" she asks, hoping for a rare compliment.

"Not bad, let's go," he answers and looks away.

"Really? Not bad?" she chuckles while locking the door.

The two walk towards the bus stop and they sit down as they wait. "What? I answered your question," he explains.

"Yeah, yeah."

"How did they know about me by the way? Do you tell them about me?" she asks out of curiosity.

"You don't need to know," he answers, unwilling to let her know his sister caught him saving her photo.

"Come on, tell me," she insists, making him click his tongue in annoyance. He doesn't want to admit anything. "Please?"

"Fine. You're my wallpaper and my sister saw it. Happy?" he answers, his covered cheeks turning to a shade of red.

The bus arrives in front of them and they head over inside. "I'm happy," she says with a smile, "You're my wallpaper too, Kiyoomi-san," she adds.

"What picture?" he wonders while taking a seat.

"When I watched your game, I took a picture of you before. You don't even post on your social media, where am I supposed to get a photo?"

"So, you watch my official games too?" he confirms.

"Duh, I told you I liked you since middle school," she chuckles.

"Me too," he mumbles.

"W-what?" she asks and looks at him straight in the eye, visibly shocked.

"Nothing," he says, shaking his head.

"What? No, you said something. My head is deceiving me," she protests.

"Your ears are deceiving you."

Amari becomes strangely silent for the entire bus ride and even on their walk to his house. "Are you okay?" he asks her, unused to her being too quiet.

"Y-yes!" she exclaims.

"It's weird when you're quiet. It creeps me out."

"Do you like the talkative me, Kiyoomi-san?" she teases.

"I prefer it over your awkward silence," he avoids the question and leads her to the front door.

"I see."

Amari observes her surroundings and the nameplate, "Sakusa" near the door. Sakusa Emi, she was already daydreaming about his last name.

"Hey there," her train of thoughts are interrupted by another masculine voice. She looks in front, eyeing on the tall man facing them. He looks too young to be his father but also looked way older.

"You must be Amari-san," a woman adds, which she guesses to be his sister.

"Good evening," Amari greets them with a bright smile.

"Come in," the woman says and opens the door fully.

Amari nods and enters with him. She takes off her shoes and is glued to his side, feeling nervous. "Mom, Kiyoomi-chan's girlfriend is here!" his sister informs and walks away. Amari observes the neat house, void of messes anywhere.

"Amari-san?" she hears a familiar voice and looks to her left.

"Hello, Komori-san," Amari quickly greets, delighted.

At the same time, his parents made their way near the front door to see her. He notices them and prepares his introduction for her.

"Emi-san, meet my parents," he begins.

"Mom, dad, meet Emi-san, she's my girlfriend."

"Nice to meet you, I am Amari Emi," she introduces herself, beaming with excitement.

"Nice to meet you too, Emi-chan," his mother greets, followed by his father.

"Ah, wait there," his mother adds and nods to the living room where Komori was. "Dinner is almost ready," she continues.

Amari complies and walks over to the couches after taking off her coat. "Do you think they like me?" she whispers her question.

"Maybe," he answers.

After a few minutes of chatting with Komori in the living room, his mother calls them for dinner. They both wash their hands before even taking a step inside the dining area.

"Am I doing well so far?" she asks in a hushed voice.

"You're too nervous about this," he scolds.

"I mean, it's really really important to me," she emphasizes.

"What is?"

"Getting the approval of your family, of course."

"They'll like you, Emi-chan."