31 ' a beauty

WEEKLY ITACHIYAMA,
Applications open!

The poster says it all, the complete details of the requirements, deadlines, and qualifications. And what Amari couldn't believe is that right now, she's jotting the details down along with the interested first years.

"What department are you applying to? I'm going for the sports!" she hears the murmurs. The newbies are all too noisy, loud and excited.

"Sports? Me too! Plus I want to see Sakusa-senpai from the volleyball team."

"Sakusa-senpai? So that's his name? Even his name is cool!"

"Yeah! You think he has a girlfriend?"

"I am the girlfriend," Amari says to herself, enjoying overhearing the gossip.

"I think so. I saw him yesterday with a girl."

"What girl? Who?"

"She's crazy tall! You think they're related?"

"How tall?"

"Like six foot!"

"I'm only five foot ten, you brats." Now she couldn't enjoy it.

"Too tall!"

"Yeah, and she has so many freckles. Maybe he's single after all? Heh."

"Emi," a familiar deadpan voice interrupts her eavesdropping. It's no longer just overhearing.

"Omi?" she mutters and looks at her left, the opposite direction of the girls gossiping.

She spots her dear boyfriend approaching, with a mask covering half of his face as always. "Are you free?" he asks, his voice quite muffled by the mask.

"Yeah, why?" she answers, smiling.

"Hey, did she just call him Omi?" The faint whispers reach her ears.

"I need some help distributing these," he says and shows her a pile of papers.

"What's that?"

"Volleyball posters. We need a manager too."

"I'll help you with these but I need to go to training after, is that okay, Omi?" she asks and gets half of the papers.

"Yes, as long as I get this done quickly. I didn't sign up for this."

1 hour later
TKA Entertainment
Shinjuku Training Center

"

Good afternoon, and you must be?" are the first words Amari hears as soon as she gets in. She quickly looks at the analog clock hung on the wall and she thanks her lucky stars. She's exactly on time.

"I'm Amari Emi! I've been training here," she answers with a smile, then presents her ID.

"Ah, right, the pretty lady from two days ago. Sorry, you look a little different today. Anyway, you may come in, the instructors are here."

"Thanks!"

"My freckles and acne are getting red again, aren't they?" she mumbles to herself and fishes out her phone from her pocket to use it as a mirror.

"Amari-chan! You're finally here!" Nancy, the half-Japanese instructor, greets her.

"Hello, good afternoon, Nanshee-san!" she exclaims and bows.

"Quickly, go change and we'll start. We're learning catwalks today."

"G-Great!"

Practice was tiring as usual and the same went for Sakusa. The only difference was that when he got home, her practice had only ended. And now, she looks at the time, 7:30PM. Now she's running late for dinner with her sister.