18 ' Show me your palm

Instead of the "It's not what it looks like" type of line Amari expects, Sakusa's immediate reaction was more of a "Please get her off me now."

Even his mask couldn't hide his disgust and he looks at her, pleading she'd help him out. "Emi, please."

"Just move your shoulder," she advises in a seemingly irritated tone.

"This is disgusting," he blurts out and slowly nudges his shoulder to his right to move the girl; she still sleeps like a log.

"Emi, I need to sanitize my neck, please," he says, visibly still disturbed.

She clicks her tongue and unzips her handbag to give him rubbing alcohol. "My boyfriend is too popular," she rants, shaking her head.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Absolutely."

She opens the small bottle and pours plentiful on her hand to sanitize herself. Shortly after, she pours some on her hand again, then leans forward from her seat.

He furrows his brows again, even shocked with her answer. "What?"

"Neck."

Sakusa follows and sways his head to the side. With his neck now exposed, she rubs it with her hand, 'disinfecting' every part another girl touched.

"Why are you mad?"

Amari gets even more shocked to know he's clueless. "Figure it out on your own."

"Emi."

Sakusa racks his brain to find an answer. She's jealous, he could figure that much, but why is she mad? He continues to repeat the question to himself.

"Emi."

Amari, as much as she hated to admit, obviously knows he didn't make a mistake. But she's mad, and it's hard to say it out loud.

Tired of guessing why she's mad, he assumes that the best way to cope with this was to relieve her anger, at least. He searches his pockets and she glances at him curiously.

"Here." He hands her his handkerchief. Was this the love language they could call their own?

"A handkerchief?" she mumbles, a brow raises in confusion.

"Take it."

"Oh." Amari gets stunned by the sudden "gift."

She did tell Sakusa that her heart fluttered when he gave her his handkerchief but the reason why she was touched by his kindness was something he probably couldn't wrap his head around. Either way, this might be his own way of making her feel better.

"You're gonna run out of handkerchiefs."

"Better than you being mad."

"That sounds cheesy."

"I'm being honest, Emi."

"Alright," her tone was still stingy but she accepts it anyway, though with a reluctant pout. She knows exactly what he was trying to say and do with the handkerchief.

She simply pouts and gets her phone to distract herself while Sakusa felt his sleepiness build up again. "Emi," he calls.

"What?" she asks in monotone, not batting him an eye.

"Don't be mad," he says in a dead tone as well. There's no way to distinguish if it was a clingy request or a demand.

"Uhuh," she hums and continues scrolling through her phone.

"Seriously," he sighs and leans his head closer to her.

Amari tries everything to remain unfazed, up until he leans his head on her shoulder. Not that Amari was keeping count, but it was definitely only the second time he initiated skinship with her. He realizes he catches her off guard and lets out a smirk, knowing how easily he could win her heart over and over.

"Are you still mad?" he checks.

"Maybe not."

Sakusa and Amari manage to make up before the 2 hour and a half flight ends, and Amari senses sparks fly from the row nearby. "Could it be? Yume-chan and Komori-san?" she mumbles, which Sakusa hears.

"They what?" he asks and lifts his head from her shoulder.

"I must say, they get along pretty well," she tells him and nods to her side, referring to the two.

"Romance for Motoya?" he wonders and glances at them.

"That's interesting, isn't it?" she teases.

"Um, excuse me, Sakusa-kun," Amari and Sakusa hear an interruption. It was the girl leaning on him earlier, the female class representative.

Amari responds to her with a disgusted glare, not even trying to hide her annoyance. "What?" Sakusa asks, twice more careful with his words.

"Do you have the itinerary? I left mine in the compartment," she requests, completely ignoring Amari.

"I have one," Amari interrupts and goes through her handbag, "It's the same one for your class, right?"

"Y-yes, but Saku-"

"Here," she cuts the girl off and hands her a copy.

"Thank you," the girl mutters.

"Baby." Amari's tone gets noticeably higher, a little cutesy, even, as she averts her gaze to Sakusa.

"What? Baby?" he clarifies, "Baby?"

"I have something to give you," she says, then rummages through her pockets.

"What?"

"Show me your palm so I can give it to you," she instructs, and shows her clenched hand.

Out of curiosity, Sakusa follows and presents her his palm. Right after, Amari quickly relaxes her fist and intertwines her fingers with his. She lets out a giggle, glancing at the girl staring.

Author: So, handkerchiefs actually have a nice history in relation to how lovers communicate and it was just nice to know, hehe! I thought incorporating handkerchiefs to Sakusa and Amari would be cute because I'm pretty sure Sakusa carries at least one 24/7 (lol).