21: Drowned

A gasp was all Tanya could get out of her system when she finally swam up to the top of the water after someone shot her down.

The water was cold, and what made it worse was the fact that someone else was swimming towards her.

Gritting her teeth, she immediately began swimming away from the enemy that was trying to close in on her for close combat.

'Shit! Shit! Shit!!'

That was the only thing she had to think as she tried to find a way to escape death.

...

"Tanya!?? Tanya!!?"

Y/n shouted loud through the radio, she wasn't getting any response back from the other young Captain.

"Second luitenant Milena! Take lead!!" She commanded.

Milena saluted before leading the group forward.

...

"You're dead!!!"

"Gurh?!!"

As soon as the enemy soldier yanked Tanya down, he began trying to choke her in cold water, his hold on her neck, firm as he also held his breath while trying to kill her.

Tanya fumbled her hands around, trying to yank her knife out, her hand slipped and the knife dropped down.

She was running out of breath.

She continued to eye the man's wide grin as she tried to fumble for her second gun. It was nowhere in any of her inventory.

'At this rate..!' she thought before she finally did give in.

...

"Where the hell are you!?" Y/n pondered under her cold breath as she scanned the collapsed area.

Artilleries were destroyed, dead bodies where on snow and water.

She saw something red under the water, it was enough for her to widen her eyes and dive down.

Taking her knife out, she stabbed the man by the back and pulled Tanya by her arm.

...

"Tanya!?? Tanya!!?"

After coughing out the last bits of water out of her lungs, she sat up wheezing while looking around her.

She was onboard a ship.

"Y/n..?" She mumbled under each huff with y/n quickly yanking her close.

"Fuck... You scared me shitless!" Y/n said while clutching on Tanya's wet uniform.

Tanya sighed and patted y/n's shoulder.

"I'm fine now, y/n, so stop worrying for me." She reassured.

Y/n frowned as Tanya took her hold off of her to stand up.

"Y/n, where are the others?" Tanya asked after looking around.

Not a lot was present outside the ship. Other than a few men moving things here and there and some cleaning the floors.

"I ordered everyone to immediately rest after finishing the job. I was occupied looking for you, I guess I came right on time. You almost drowned for real there." Y/n answered.

Tanya smiled lightly.

"I'm so confused why you didn't shoot using the rifle on your back, Tanya." Y/n pondered.

"For some peculiar reasons it didn't have any ammo in it and my head was going fuzzy to try and find a way to use it for self-defense." Tanya said.

Y/n hummed lightly as she stood beside Tanya and watched her take the rifle around.

"Hey... Isn't that one of those cool mini version machine gun types??" She perked up after getting a closer look at it.

Tanya smiled in amusement and chuckled.

"Really?? Cool mini version machine gun types???" She scoffed.

"What??? Those are cool! You can literally destroy a person with it like using a shotgun!! It's even better than the dumb rifles we always get out of training and used for war." Y/n said.

Tanya chuckled again in amusement.

Y/n giddily smiled wide before a sneeze came from her.

"You're cold aren't you?" Tanya wondered before the sea Captain finally came to greet them.

Of course, they both greeted him back with some respect. Most of the respect came from Tanya than y/n really. Y/n didn't care much of who the guy was.

Soon enough, they were sent to change into something else so that they don't catch a cold. Who would want them to catch a cold? The sea Captain is just being nice y'now, very.

"Wow, it was cold outside." Y/n huffed after the two began walking inside.

Tanya sighed with a calm smile as she continued to lead the way. The sea Captain told them the way around, don't question too much on the setting.