42: Hand

Y/n sat with a hand on her chin.

Her head was in deep thoughts as she stared at Tanya on her own side of her desk.

Keith has even been wondering what she's been staring at, going as far as raising a brow to see if there was going to be any reaction for it.

After Tanya finished talking with Weiss, she turned her gaze towards y/n with a frown.

"Is there something bothering you?" She asked.

Y/n didn't say a word and kept on staring with a look of curiosity.

Tanya felt uneasy.

"Y/n, your stare is starting to sting." She said.

Y/n huffed before dismissing Keith to give something off to somewhere.

"I just thought I was seeing things." She said after Keith left.

Tanya raised a brow as she said, "seeing things??"

Y/n nodded.

"I thought I saw you smiling for a second while talking to first luitenant Weiss, I never see you smile while talking in something really important." She said before she started to grin.

"Is it because of me? That you started to smile?" She snickered.

Tanya faked a laugh before saying, "that's a very good joke, y/n."

"Aww... Are you denying my accusations?" Y/n laughed.

"Perhaps I am." Tanya hummed.

"Oh no, whatever shall I do??" Y/n laughed harder.

This time, Tanya chuckled.

"Y/n, you need to control these topics of yours in our conversation." She said.

"Why?? You seem to like it!" Y/n said.

...

"Luitenant Keith."

Keith perked up when he was called.

It was Weiss.

"First luitenant Weiss, what brings you here?" He said with a quick salute.

Weiss nodded before saying, "I came to give some things for major y/n, it's a supposed delivery for her, a small package but a heavy one."

Keith took a good look at the wrapped box.

"Looks like a present." He pondered.

Weiss hummed.

"You think so? It's quite heavy for a gift y'now." He said.

"It could be something close to being sweets to be heavy." Keith wondered.

"Yeah, maybe, oh and could you knock and open the door for me please?" Weiss said.

Keith did as he was asked and opened the door for him.

"What's that??" Y/n wondered when Weiss came in and handed her the package.

The package was sealed perfectly.

"I was told it was for you by a delivery man." Weiss answered before continuing with, "I'll be on my way now, major y/n and major Tanya."

Y/n smiled lightly before she decided to open it.

As soon as she did give it a small open gap, something rotten came to her nose.