10

Zayn placed Louis on his hip and carried him into the kitchen, the boy still sniffling slightly.

"Hey love, ready for some lunch?" Liam cooed at the upset boy, kissing the top of his head as Zayn had walked him into the room.

The other boys had decided they'd speak to Zayn and see how it had gone later on - Louis was upset enough. They didn't need a full conversation about it with him. Zayn had handled it and he seemed much calmer now anyways.

Louis' eyes brightened seeing the tray of sandwiches on the kitchen counter - he hadn't realised just how hungry he was. He wasn't used to eating too much anyways, but he hadn't had anything in at least a couple of days.

Zayn smiled seeing Louis finally stop crying, setting him down carefully in the highchair before locking the tray into place in front of him. Surprisingly to the boys, Louis didn't really react to the high chair. He eyed the tray warily where it locked in place but simply sat there and fiddled with the sleeve of his onesie.

Niall walked over to him, ruffling his hair and placing a plastic yellow plate of sandwiches on the chair tray.

"You're not allergic to anything are you Lou?" He asked, realising he'd completely forgotten to check.

Louis shook his head slightly, staring longingly at the sandwiches in front of him.

"We've got a bit of everything so just eat what you like love," Niall encouraged him.

He tentatively reached out for a sandwich, half worried they were going to have a go at him for eating - it wouldn't be the first time someone had offered him food than taken it away laughing.

Niall smiled reassuringly, and Louis began eating as the others sat down around the table.

Louis practically inhaled his lunch, not participating in the conversations the others were having. They looked on him fondly after he'd finished, watching him trace with his finger the patterns on the tray of the highchair.

Despite everything, Louis appeared happy and fairly relaxed around the boys already - and that's how they knew they'd made the right decision.