CHAPTER 52

Before the siblings left Olympus, they decided to make a few calls. It wasn't easy, but Percy and Isa finally found a quiet fountain in a corner garden where they reunited with one another and sent an Iris-message to their brother Tyson, under the sea. They told him about their adventures, and Bessie⎼he wanted to hear every detail about the cute baby cow serpent⎼and Percy assured him that Annabeth was safe. Finally, Isa got round to explaining how the shield he'd made them last summer had been damaged in the manticore attack.

"Yay!" Tyson said. "That means it was good! It saved your life!"

"It sure did, Ty," Isa said. "But now it's ruined."

"Not ruined!" Tyson promised. "I will visit and fix them next summer."

The idea picked Percy and Isa up instantly. Isa guessed they hadn't realized how much they missed having Tyson around.

"Seriously?" Percy asked. "They'll let you take time off?"

"Yes! I have made two thousand seven hundred and forty-one magic swords," Tyson said proudly, showing them the newest blade. "The boss says 'good work!' He will let me take the whole summer off. I will visit camp!"

They talked for a while about war preparations and their dad's fight with the old sea gods, and all the cool things they could do together next summer, but then Tyson's boss started yelling at him and he had to get back to work.

Percy went to go call his mom, and Isa decided to leave to give him some privacy.

As she was walking out, she accidentally bumped into a boy who looked around her age.

"Woah, sorry, didn't see you there," he said. Isa took a sharp intake of air when she saw him. He was really cute and handsome. He had dirty blonde hair that looked so fluffy that Isa wanted to touch it. He also had beautiful hazel eyes that almost looked golden. He had fair skin and naturally blushed cheeks. He was also quite tall.

"I-it's fine," Isa stuttered waving a hand and trying to control the blush in her cheeks.

"I'm Matteo, but you can call me Matt."

"Is⎼" Isa didn't even get to finish introducing herself before she was interrupted.

"Isa Potter," Matt said with a smile. "Yeah, I know you. Almost everybody here does."

"Oh," Isa said, tucking a piece of loose hair behind her ear.

"Nice job on your quest by the way, and brave thing to do. Turning down Lady Artemis's Hunters."

Isa just shrugged. "I know how it feels like, and I don't want the child of the prophecy to carry that burden. If I could remove it from Percy's shoulders I would."

"Don't worry, I understand." Then Matt winced.

Isa furrowed her eyebrows. Since he was half a head taller, he could see the top of her head and he was looking at it.

"Uh, are you okay?" Isa asked.

"You got this from holding the sky," Matt said. It didn't seem like a question, but more of a statement.

"What?" Isa asked, confused. She pulled her hair out of her ponytail and moved her hair in front of her eyes. Isa's grey hair wasn't small streaks compared to Percy's and Annabeth's. It ran down from her roots all the way down to the tips, and it was a much larger proportion. The grey marking was on the right side of her hair and it was a handful, literally. Annabeth and Percy's didn't go in that deep, but for Isa's it did. It was as if it seeped through.

"Oh," Isa muttered and pushed her hair back behind her shoulder, not wanting to see it.

"Don't be ashamed of it," Matt said. "Think of it as a battle scar though it's not as ugly as scars. I think it's pretty sick."