CHAPTER 55

"Wake up!" WHACK!

"I'm up!" Isa groaned, wide awake due to the dream. But only one thought at the moment crossed her mind, 'Thank the gods Annabeth did not see that.'

Later that day, Harry told Ron, Hermione, and Isa of what he saw and how he saw it. He saw it through the diary they found in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom. She disliked the diary even more now.

"So now you think Hagrid's the one who opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Isa asked in disbelief because she did not think Hagrid was the Heir. "The Heir of Slytherin?"

"Riddle might have got the wrong person," Hermione said. "Maybe it was some other monster that was attacking people..."

"How many monsters d'you think this place can hold?" Ron asked dully.

"You can be surprised," Isa muttered under her breath. Thankfully, no one heard.

"We always knew Hagrid had been expelled," Harry said miserably. "And the attacks must've stopped after Hagrid was kicked out. Otherwise, Riddle wouldn't have got his award."

Ron tried a different tack.

"Riddle does sound like Percy⎼who asked him to squeal on Hagrid, anyway?"

"But the monster had killed someone, Ron," Hermione said.

"And Riddle was going to go back to some Muggle orphanage if they closed Hogwarts," Harry said. "I don't blame him for wanting to stay here..."

"I'm getting you out of Privet Drive," Isa told him. "I'd take you to my camp if I can, but..."

"You met Hagrid down Knockturn Alley, didn't you, Harry?" Hermione asked.

"He was buying a Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent," Harry said quickly.

The four of them fell silent. After a long pause, Hermione voiced the knottiest question of all in a hesitant voice.

"Do you think we should go and ask Hagrid about it all?"

"That'd be a cheerful visit," Ron said. "'Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you been setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?' "

In the end, they decided that they would not say anything to Hagrid unless there was another attack, and as more and more days went by with no whisper from the disembodied voice, they became hopeful that they would never need to talk to him about why he had been expelled. It was now nearly four months since Justin and Nearly Headless Nick had been Petrified, and nearly everybody seemed to think that the attacker, whoever it was, had retired for good. Peeves had finally gotten bored of his "Oh, Potter, you rotter" song, Ernie Macmillan was now civil to Harry, and in March several of the Mandrakes threw a loud and raucous party in greenhouse three. This made Professor Sprout very happy.

"The moment they start trying to move into each other's pots, we'll know they're fully mature," she told Isa. "Then we'll be able to revive those poor people in the hospital wing."

But aside from that, everyone was wondering why the hair dye in Isa's hair wasn't fading in the slightest bit. Isa didn't even know how they noticed it, but they did. It started out with a girl from Ravenclaw noticing then it spread around school. The rumors were spreading around like a forest fire that the Potter girl was in fact cursed, or that it was the mark of the Heir of Slytherin. So instead of Harry being the Heir, it was now Isa, and it was starting to annoy her.

"It's the rotten Potter!" Peeves said.

"Shut up, Peeves!" Isa snapped. If there was one thing she didn't like, it was being accused of doing something she didn't do. Just like she was accused of stealing the lightning bolt.