CHAPTER 77

Isa woke up the next morning replaying the dream in her mind. Nothing surprised her. Not even hearing that Sirius Black was Harry's godfather. But what did surprise her was hearing the name, Peter Pettigrew.

He was apparently friends with James and tracked down Sirius Black after he gave Voldemort the location of the Potter's home. But Sirius Black killed him in the end...

That's what baffled Isa. If Peter Pettigrew was dead, why was his name seen in the Marauder's Map? Unless the map was busted, that would probably explain it, but it didn't really make sense to her. When she held up Scabbers and threw it across the room, Peter Pettigrew's name also flew across the room.

'So does that mean Scabbers is Peter Pettigrew?' Isa thought it made sense but didn't want to believe it. The main reason being that she had no proof that Peter Pettigrew was an animagus.

The next day was the first day of the holidays, and Nolan was gone leaving Isa all alone. So she decided to visit Harry in the Lion's Den where she, luckily, knew the password.

"Sugarplums," Isa said, and the portrait swung open.

"You really don't look well, you know." She heard Hermione say. She stepped inside and saw Ron eating a Peppermint Toad and massaging his stomach, Hermione, who had spread her homework over three tables, and Harry who took a seat beside Ron.

"Didn't get much sleep?" Isa asked and the three Gryffindors jumped when they heard her. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you. Why do you look like a zombie?"

Even if Isa already knew, she had to pretend she didn't, so she'd gasp and act horrified during the right times.

Ron and Hermione were eyeing the two carefully making Harry say, "I'm fine."

"Harry, listen," Hermione said, exchanging a look with Ron, "you must be really upset about what we heard yesterday. But the thing is, you mustn't go doing anything stupid. Both of you actually!"

"Like what?" Isa asked.

"Like trying to go after Black," Ron said sharply.

Harry and Isa could tell they had rehearsed this conversation before.

"I won't," Isa said half-heartedly. She just said it to keep them off her.

"Good." Hermione nodded her head.

Harry didn't say anything.

"You won't, will you, Harry?" Hermione said.

"Because Black's not worth dying for," Ron said.

Isa saw that Ron and Hermione didn't understand how Harry was feeling.

"D'you know what I see and hear every time a dementor gets too near me?" Harry asked. Ron and Hermione shook their heads, looking apprehensive. "I can hear my mum screaming and pleading with Voldemort. And if you'd heard your mum screaming like that, just about to be killed, you wouldn't forget it in a hurry. And if you found out someone who was supposed to be a friend of hers betrayed her and sent Voldemort after her⎼"

"There's nothing you can do!" Hermione said, looking stricken. "The dementors will catch Black and he'll go back to Azkaban a-and serve him right!"

"You heard what Fudge said. Black isn't affected by Azkaban like normal people are. It's not a punishment for him like it is for the others."

"So what are you saying?" Ron said, looking very tense. "You want to... to kill Black or something?"

Isa whipped her head towards Harry.