Chapter 5

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Kai fidgets with his hands as he thinks long and hard about the offer I just made.

It'd be nice if he came with us...

"Hmm..how about this....if you guys help me look for my sister then I'll join you." Kai suggests.

I smile. "Ok! You helped me find Killua so that's the least I can do." I shout happily.

Killua sighs. Then he turns his head in the direction of the dead man sprawled out on the ground.

Kai doesn't look at the body even once. I hope he's ok after....actually killing someone.

"We should probably get out of here. I was thinking we head up the mountain to higher ground. We could get a better view of this island that way. After that, it'll be easier to find my sister." Kai adds.

I nod in agreement and begin to follow him in the direction of the mountain.

Before I can take another step, Killua reaches out and grabs me by the arm. I turn to look at him with a confused look on my face.

"Gon...h...how are you acting so calm about this situation..I think you need to take a moment and fully process what's actually going on. This "game" is about surviving not messing around and making friends. We don't know him and we can't trust him"
Killua muttered.

We step a little ways from Kai so he doesn't hear our conversation.

"I trust him. He just saved your life. I think this is our only option right now..." I sigh. " Look...you don't have to trust him right now if you don't want to."

Killua looks away from me. "I just want you to be safe that's all."

I grab his arm and pull him into a hug. "Don't worry about me."

He smiles slightly. "I'm always worrying about you.."

I lightly punch him in the shoulder. "Stop thatttttt." I say while catching up to Kai, Killua following behind.

Every step we take along the way feels like we're walking on glass. The tension is high and all of us are on the look out.
.
.
.
.
5 hours later
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It feels like we have been walking for days, yet we still haven't reached out destination. Luckily for us we haven't ran into any problems yet.

As we make our way closer to the mountain, the terrain changes a bit. It's a lot more rocky and there are a few caves.

Night draws closer.

"I think now would be a good time to rest up. We can start again tomorrow morning." Kai suggests.

"I guess I'm good with that.." Killua mutters.

"Oh! We should hide out in one of those caves." I say while pointing at a smallish cave directly in front of us.

Kai and Killua both nod. "I'll go inside first to make sure it's safe." Kai says.

He starts to head into the cave but I grab him by the shoulder to stop him first. "Are you sure? I can hop instead?" I ask.

"Absolutely NOT." Killua butts in.

"Heh. I think it's best of I just go. I'll shout something when it's safe to come in." After that, Kai makes his way inside the semi lit cave.

Killua and I patently wait outside. "U..urm..so...I know this isn't really the best time to talk about this but..since we're alone now....we're you actually going to break up with Retz..I mean if we hadn't been kidnapped and taken to this island that is." Killua says barley above a whisper.

I nod. "I was.."

Killua's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Gon doesn't say much about that topic so I just let it go for now. Retz got way too lucky with him..I just wish he would have realised what a bitch she really was much sooner.

The thought of that makes me sigh and I sneak a peak at Gon's face. He looks lost in thought right now. I wonder what he's thinking about.

As I'm staring at him he looks up at me and I quick shake my eyes off him.

"Killua?"

"Yea?"

"What would you do...if I was one of the ones to disappear?"

This question stumps me. I completely forgot about that part...at 7pm each day one person will randomly disappear.

"You won't so I don't have to think about it" I say crossing my arms.

"You don't know that...it could be any of us. Me, you, Kai, or just some random person. Earlier you told me to stop and think about what's really going on...but...I already realise what's going on and the possibilitys that could happen." Gon stares at the ground.

I stay quiet for a moment.

"Killua?"

"Yea....? "

"I don't want to die.." His voice cracks as he speaks those few words.

That one sentence makes my heart throb. My eyes soften and I intertwine my hand with his. "I won't let that happen." I give his hand a squeeze and then quickly let go as we here Kai yell "come on in!" from inside the cave.

We both make our way inside. The walls are covered in moss And the floor is made of a dark stone. It's not too small nor too big inside. We find Kai sitting on the ground leaning up against the mossy wall.

Gon and I sit on the opposite wall. My stomach begins to make grumbling noices.

"We should wait till morning to look for food. Based on how the clouds looked outside, it seems there's gonna be a big storm tonight." Kai informs.

"I guess I can wait.." I mumble to myself.

After a few minutes I notice Kai looking from me to Gon a few times.

"Soooooo are you guys like...together or something?" Kai asks out of no where.

The question shocks me. "N..n..no!! Obviously not! We're both guys anyways... " I shout instantly.

Kai raises an eyebrow at this reaction.

Gon puts on a fake frowny face. "Aww that was mean Killua. Don't you looooove meeeee?"

I instantly turn my face away from the two to his my increasing blush.

Kai smirks. "Ah..I see now."

"Killua and I have been best friends ever since we were little!" Gon says happily.

"Interesting..." Kai says while thinking about something.

Kai directs his attention over to Killua who is still hiding his face. "Don't worry buddy. Gon's just too oblivious to understand what's going on here. "

"Shut it." I mumble.

"I am not oblivious!" Gon says while crossing his arms.

Kai laughs. "Ok then, what are we talking about?"

"Uh...um...friend...ships...? Heh. .." Gon barley manages get an answer.

"E x a c t l y." Kai adds on.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
HIYA! THANKS FOR READING AND DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT! ✌✌✌