Chapter 22

you can listen to the song while you read if you want :)
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It's strange...

I'm still here but I'm not.

I still have thoughts but no sight.

I have a soul but no body containing it.
.
.
.
Why did it have to end this way? Why me? All I ever wanted was...

I wanted...

What did I want? A perfect family? Money? A lover? That's what everyone wants..I guess it doesn't really matter any more. I'll never see anyone I cared for again. Aunt Mito, my friends from school,..Killua.

I wish I could wake up from this nightmare like nothing had ever happened. I'd even go back to the way things originally were..even if it meant not being with Killua. At least he wouldn't of had to suffer on that island...like he is now..by himself. We were probably in that island because of me anyways..I must have done something..
.
.
.
There's a sound? Beeping?

It sounds like, a hospital monitor? That can't be right.

Huh? There's a light now..if only I could just...open....my...ey-
.
.
.
.
.
.
My body instantly springs upwards to be woken up by bright morning light shining through thin Silk curtains hanging over a tall rectangle window.

I squint my eyes until they finally adjust to the light. I turn my head away from the window and notice I'm in a bed. To my right, a hospital monitor stands tall. Beeping every few seconds. To my left, a curtain blocks off what looks like another hospital bed.

What....the hell is going on?

The sound of a door knob turning grabs my attention. My eyes widen when I see the person who walks in.
.
.
"A..Aunt Mito? Is that really you!?!" I say almost yelling.

She gasps when she see me, runs over, and engulfs me in a hug.

"Gon! Your awake! Thank god!" She begins to cry while holding me in her arms.

" I...don't understand..what's going on?" I whisper.

She releases me and gives me a look of sadness. "I was hoping you would know where you went..you've been missing for almost a month. Last night..you suddenly appeared on the sidewalk with a knife wound in your shoulder and cuts all over your body."

"but I thought I...died?"

She looks at me the the up most concern in her eyes. "What do you mean by that? Do you remember where you went or who did this to you?!"

" I...was on an island..where everyone had to kill eachother..there were technologies that don't exist here. Like teleportation! A..and..I was supposed to d..die...but then I ended up back..here? "

"Gon..honey. That's not possible. That was just a bad dream you must of had. It seems you don't even remember what happened to you." She sighs.

" N..no! That's not true! It was all real! " I gasp.

"Killua!! K..killua was with me! Wait..is Killua here too!?"

She looks at me with confusion. "Killua? Who's Killua?"

My face turns pale and my mouth drops. "What do you mean..My best friend since I was little! He'd come over and spend the night almost every day."

She shakes her head. "That dream you had must of felt very real.. oh! But there was someone with you when we found you. He looks about the same age. Maybe you know him?"