Chapter 20

Killua's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The announcer then begins to explain what the third level will be.

"The round you all will be taking part in next will be a one on one fight between members of different teams. People on The same team will not fight each other. Your opponent will be picked completely at random. Oh and...this is a fight to the death. You can't win unless you KILL the other fighter."

Gon's eyes widen as he listens.

"The only weapon you are permitted to have will be a simple pocket knife. Everyone will be provided with one of these. The way you KILL your opponent does not matter. They just need to be dead hehe. If you would all look to you right you will see a sign with 18 different buttons. Each of you must press a button and then you will be transported to your designated fighting arena. After you get there, a time of 15 seconds will start and after that buzzer goes off you may begin the fight. Hehehe good luck! Once all fights are done I'll explain what's gonna happen next with the remaining 9 people."

People rush over to the sign and start pressing random buttons and are instantly teleported somewhere else.

Gon is staring at nothing in front of him.
"I...can't....kill someone." He whispers.

I grab him by the wrist. "Gon you absolutely have to. You cannot die...if you died...I couldn't live with myself. Your opponent will do anything to survive and that's what you need to do to. I...I can't be with you for this..so I'm begging you...please...please win"

He looks like he's on the verge of tears. Leorio and Kurapika walk over to Gon and place a hand on his shoulder. "It'll be ok Gon. You can do this. It's going to be hard...I mean..we're all scared ok? Non of us want to kill another person." Kurapika gestures.

"We'll be waiting for you.." Leorio says. After that the two walk over to the sign. They give Each other quick glances and then hug each other. They both push a button and disappear right before us.

I notice Kai walking slowly over to the sign. I grab his arms before he pushed the button. "The same goes for you ok...?"

He lifts his head to look at me. He manages to form a smile but it fades too fast. I let go and he pushes a button. Gon and I are the only ones left now. We walk up to the sign.

Gon throws his arms around me. "I'll always love you. No matter what happens, you'll always hold the biggest place in my heart. Promise me that..if I don't make it back..you'll move on and live your life to the fullest." His voice cracks as he speaks.

"No! I won't promise that! You will Make it back!" I raise my voice.

"Please.." He says this very quietly and lowers his head.

"..."

"Fine...ok..I promise." I mumble.

He sniffles a bit and then nods his head. After that he presses a button. I do the same.
.
.
.
Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

After my eyes adjust to the lighting of my new surrounding I take some time to look around where I'm at. I'm standing in a circle of grass with trees surrounding all around me. Then, in front of me is another person. My opponent.

We make eye contact. Ah..he's that twin boy from earlier. My eyes move down to the ground where I see the small pocket knife. I instantly pick it up. He already has his in hand. "Heh..your That boy who was here first aren't you." He says.

I don't know if I should answer him or not...

"Staying quiet huh? Well after this round you'll be dead so you can stay quiet all you want."

I gulp. The 15 second timer starts.

My whole body seems to be shaking.

14...13...12...11

The boy in front of me as a smirk on him face.

8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1......0

A loud buzzer goes off. Our fight has begun. The boy doesn't hesitate and charges straight at me. He has the kingdom his right hand so when he slashes it at me I dodge to the left. Not even a second later he's already attacking again. He's fast..

This guy is definitely stronger and faster  than me. I barley stand a chance..I just need one opening to take my chance. If I miss...I'm dead..

He aims for my right shoulder but at the last second moves his hand up and cuts the side of my cheek. "Ahg!"

I can feel the blood rushing down my face.

He kicks my feet from under me and I fall to the ground. Her springs on top of me and I have to grab his arms in order to hold the knife about me. He pressed down harder and harder. The knife gets closer and closer to my neck.

His eyes are only focused on the knife so I take that chance and knee him in the stomach making him loosen his grip on me. I roll out from under him and get back up on my feet again.

"Tch. You piss me off."

I ignore him.

I look for any sort of opening on him. We both are walking in a circle paying close attention to each other. I find an opening...

Thoughts start to flood my mind. If I kill him I'll be a murderer...I don't want to..I don't want to..but..Killua will be waiting for me..

Our eyes connect again. For the last time.

Both of us, at the same time charge at each other. We both know where were aiming for but..only one will survive this blow. We get closer and closer until we collide into each other.

The moment we collide all I feel is pain. Extreme pain. He starts laughing. That is until he starts coughing up tons of blood.

I look down at my hands which are covered in blood. His blood. He wobbles backwards until he falls to the ground holding the side of his stomach. A pool of blood forms around him. "F...fuck..." He coughs up more blood until all his movements stops. He...he's dead..

I drop to my knees and look at my shoulder. A large gash is there blood overflowing from it. I put a hand over it and wince at the pain. He was aiming for my neck..I must have stabbed him first which made him miss..

I lay down on the ground and stare up at the sky. "I killed someone..

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
THANK YOU FOR READING. OK YALL...this story will be coming to an end soon. :(

There will only be a few more chapters.