Chapter 25

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

At first, I don't understand what Kai is trying to tell me. And I wish I didn't have to understand it...

"You said you wanted to forget...so I just...I just thought that maybe we could...." He struggles to get words out.

"Kai..do you..actually like me..?"

This time he looks me in the eye. "I do."

How did this happen..why did it happen..

"You'll have me by your side all the time..I won't leave you alone. And I'll help you to forget what you want to be forgotten..if that's what you truly want. All I want is for you to be happy. It hurts me to see you like this. And I'm sure it hurts your Aunt as well." He says.

"Kai.."

" ... "

"I'd only be hurting you If we did this. My feelings for Killua will never go away. I wish I could forget but I already know that's not possible. I won't be able to share your feeling..I'd basically be using you. I...I'm sorry." This'll probably change the way our relationship is now...I hope he doesn't shut me out...After all, he is all I have right now.

I can tell by his expression that he's hurt even though he's trying to hide it. "You don't need to be sorry. If that's what you want then I'll just...I'll just..go back to the way it was before..you can forget I ever said anything. Um..I'm gonna go get some fresh air for a bit..I'll be back later..call me if you need anything." And with that he slowly leaves the house with an expression that I just can't figure out.

I wipe my teary eyes and face plant onto my bed. "Why does everything have to be so difficult."

"I never knew he felt that way towards me..I wonder when it started."

With my brain still full of questions, I fall into a deep sleep. Kai didn't come back to my room last night. He stayed on the couch.

I don't mind..He probably just needs some time. Just like how I need time to figure out how I'm going to get over Killua..I don't want anyone else..

Killua's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I feel pretty good about what Gon said..even though he did say he wants to forget me still. Is it wrong of me to feel this way? Should I really be feeling happy that he has to be lonely for who knows how long. I never would have thought Kai would like him too.

"Tch. How boring. I want to make things more interesting. Let's see....hmmmm. I'll give you a choice Killua. You've got 2 options.
Either, Kai dies but you plus everyone else here gets to go home. Or things stay as they are now. Forever. This will be the last time I ever speak you any of you. It's up you now. Ill give you 5 minutes to decide." The announcer laughs at the end.

"What the hell..." I mumble under my breath.

"I say we let Kai die." Hisoka adds will smirking.

"Of course you would say that." Kurapika snapped back.

"I mean...do you guys REALLY want to live here for the rest of our lives. Come on, I'm sure he'd do the same with one of us~" He puts a hand on his hip.

"Of course not! But killing someone for our own escape is terrible! Especially since we know him!" Kurapika yells.

"you guys arguing isn't making this any easier." I role my eyes.

The announcer comes back on. "You know what I have a better idea hehe! How about this, I'll let Gon and Kai come back here. But after they get back..there's one last thing I want you guys to do. I won't tell you what it is until they get here. If course you all must agree on this as well as Kai and Gon."

We all exchange looks and then nods. "If it mean seeing Gon again then I'll do it." I say.

"and everyone else?"

Leorio, Kurapika, and Hisoka all nod in agreement.

"Very well then. I shall discuss this with Kai and Gon. Hope you don't regret your decision. Hehe."

I won't regret it...It's almost been a year since I've last seen him.

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I'm woken up by the sound of a voice in my room. I yawn and sit up. "Kai? Did you come back up?" I say not able to really see anything due to how dark it is.

"Hehe. You remember my voice don't you."

I jump up as quickly as I can from my bed. "How can I hear you!? I'm not in the island any more!" I say louder than I intended.

"That doesn't matter. I have come to tell you something. I think you'll like it hehe."

"What is it.."

"want to go back to the island to see Killua?"

My mouth drops. "Your lying.."

"After all that talk about wanting too forget him I'd understand if you wouldn't want to but..~"

" How did you- ugh it doesn't matter! I want to see him! Please! "

"That's what I thought. Anyways, it won't be that simple. I'll let you and Kai go back but once you get their..there's just one more thing all of you must do. That will be the final test."

I gulp. "..ok.."

Kai comes barging into the room. "Did you hear it too!?" He yells almost out of breath from running up here so fast.

I nod at him. "Will you...go back with me..?" I ask.

"Yea.."

"That settles it then! You both will be transported back to the island in exactly 5 minutes."

There's a silence between us for a while.
.
.
"I won't tell Killua..that You...-"

"Remember? I told you that you could forget about what I said..I don't want it to cause problems.." He adverts is eyes away from me.

"Ok.."
.
.
.
A long 5 minutes pass
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I wrote a lot this weekend and now I'm burnt out lol. :,) That'll probably be it for the week. Thanks for reading! ✌