Chapter 26

Killua's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

There's only a few more minutes until I get to see him after waiting for almost an entire year. My whole body is shaking. I'll have to face Kai as well...

Everyone is standing completely still waiting for the two others to get here.

"This might be the day we get out of here." I say quietly.

The wind begins to pick up and a bright light emerges from thin air making all of us look away. The trees around of shake rapidly.

I wait for it all to stop before I open my eyes. I frantically look in front of me but don't see Either Gon or Kai. I feel my heart drop for a second. But then, I hear something from behind me.

"..K..killua..?" A shaky voice calls out my name from behind.

My eyes widen and I slowly turn my body until I'm facing the one I've been waiting for. I can barely get myself to speak.

"...." Instead I run as fast as I can and jump onto him. We both fall on the ground, wrapping our arms around each other. The moment Gon starts crying is when the dam breaks free. I hold him as tight as I possibly can while practically sobbing into his shoulder. He grabs my face by my cheeks and lines it up with his. Our eyes connect and it's like there's a spark that goes off, lighting the fire in my heart once again. He moves his head in quickly and kisses me like he's never done before. I peak one eye open and look behind us where Kai is standing. It feels like we're both staring each other down. For some reason when I look at him I feel a bit of annoyance. I'm mad because he was with Gon for the past year and I wasnt. Tch...He tried to steal Gon from me..
I thought I'd be fine but now that I'm seeing him in person it's really starting to piss me off.

I smirk through our kiss but don't break eye contact with Kai. He looks surprised and hurt by this and quickly turns his head away. Ah..that's right they don't know that all of us know about what went down earlier.

I want to make him jealous...

I start to slip my hand under Gon's shirt but he quickly stops me. "Everyones watching us!" He whispers.

"I wanna do what I haven't gotten to do for the past 11 months.." I whisper back.

I notice Gon quickly glance at Kai and then back to me. "N..not here..I just want to hold you right now..and I really missed you."

I clench my jaw. "I missed you too."

After staying like that for a few minutes we eventually stand up hand in hand.

Kurapika and Leorio of course have smiles on their faces. "Welcome back."

Gon's p.o.v
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I smile at the welcome. Kai just nods.

Moments later the announcer comes back.

"What a lovely reunion hehe. BUT now it's time for the final test. I'll explain what it will be." He clears his throat.

"For this test, all of you must choose one person here...to die. I'll let you all pick the one. You only get 15 minutes to decide on who. Now, the remaining people will get to go back home and live their normal lives again. Except for the dead contestant of course hehe. The timer starts now."

"That's impossible...there's no way we could do that!" I shout.

Hisoka raises an eyebrow. "Hm~? Are you sure about that little Gon."

"I think I know someone who should be chosen." Hisoka says.

"then who.."

"Kai obviously."

My eyes widen. "Why would you even suggest that!?"

Kai realises what's going on.

"We all saw what happen between the two of you. Kai OBVIOUSLY was trying to take you away from Killua."

My eyes dart over too Kai. His lower lip is quivering and he just stares at the gound. He's not even standing up for himself..

"Thats not what happened at all!" I yell.

Killua takes this as an not to say something.

"Then what actually happened huh?" Killua speaks up.

I turn my head to look at him. "He...He can't help the way he feels! We practically did everything together for the past 11 months so I don't blame him! All he was doing was trying to help me and now y'all want to kill him for that!? Killua...I know that was hard for you to watch but...I'm still with you aren't i? He even told me to forget what he said.."

"yea but he knew we were together and still tried something." He argues.

"He was just-!" I'm cut off.

"It's ok Gon. It should be me..the only thing that was actually holding me back from leaving this world..was You. And I know I don't have a chance anyways. There's nothing I have left here. I can't remember anyone from my family or where I live. The only one who I had was my sister. I'll get to be with her...at least." He somehow manages to smile.

"It'll be ok.." He says a little quieter.

I clench my eyes shut. "b..but.."

I look at the ground.

"Hehehe it seems there's been a volunteer. Every one agrees with this?"

Everyone glances in my direction.

"This is shit.." I mumble.

"Well then. Looks like a decision has been made." The announcer speaks.

A box suddenly appears from the the ground.

"Hehe oh one more thing I forgot to mention. Gon your the one who has to kill him. There's a gun in the box. You have too be the one to kill him. If you dont...no one will get to go home."

I can feel the blood draining from my head. I stare at the box and then back up to Kai.

"I...can't do that...i..."

Kai sighs. He walks over to the box and opens it up. He grabs the gun from inside and takes my hand in his. He places it in my  hand. "It'll only take a few seconds..then you can live a normal life again. Thanks for sticking me for the past year..It's better off this way anyways."

Killua turns his head away. I can tell he's starting to feel guilty.

I have the gun pointed at the ground. Kai taps a finger on his head. I slowly raise the gun up. My hands are shaking and my eyes are watering.
.
.
.
"I'm sorry.."

*BANG*

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••