Chapter ten

"FBI OPEN UP!"

Morgan kicks down the door and we all rush in. I start sweeping the downstairs with Emily and Reid. "CLEAR" I yell making sure the entire team could hear me. We clear the entire downstairs and I head out around back. I see that there's a shed out back. I cross the backyard and open the door to the shed. I'm walking inside when I get hit in the back of the head. I fall to the ground and drop my gun. I look up to see our unsub standing over me with his gun pointed at my head. 

"Where's your weapon?"

"I dropped it when I fell, see!". I hold up both my hands showing him that I don't have my gun.  He looks all around me checking for a weapon. 

"Now, stand up."

I start to get to my feet but while I am I bring my fist up and punch him right in the face. He staggers back and I take his gun and try to throw it out of his reach. I succeed but not before he pushes me right into a wall. I hit my head on a corner and I'm pretty sure I'm bleeding but that's not stopping me. He tries to hit me again and I duck down to avoid him. I kick him in the shin hoping it will cause him to fall or loose his balance but it doesn't work. He fires back by kicking me in the face causing me to fall to the floor again. He grabs a metal pipe laying on the floor and brings it over his head to hit me with it when I hear the shot. I look up to see that Hotch is standing there with his gun out. 

"We should break this pattern of you getting into life threatening situations and me having to save your ass."

"Maybe, it's been kinda fun so far."

He laughs, "Let's get you to an ambulance."

He reaches out his hand to help me up. I get up and realize that I am in fact bleeding. I touch right above my eyebrow and feel the cut. It would probably leave a scar. I walk over to the ambulance with Hotch and he looks worried. I try to reassure him, "I'll be fine, it's just a cut."

"It looks bad."

"It would have been worse if you weren't there."

"Listen Natalie I'm..."

"Let's not talk about this here, I'll come see you later."

He nods and walks off to do some other business, probably tell everyone what happened. I sit there getting stitched up when Emily comes over. 

"Are you ok?"

"I'm fine Em."

"You don't sound fine, and you haven't all day."

"There's just something going on."

"You want to talk about."

In all honesty I did. I talked to Em about everything but I couldn't talk to her about this. I knew she would keep it a secret but I just didn't want to risk it. "I want to Em, but I can't yet."

"You can't?"

"I really can't, but the minute I can I'll tell you everything."

She honestly looked pretty disappointed, "Okay."

I give her a small smile and she walks off. I sit there for the rest for the time the paramedic's are tending to me. Once they're done I sigh and get ready to go. We decided that we were gonna fly back in the morning instead of tonight which was nice cause all I really wanted to do was go to sleep. I was starving so I ordered some takeout to eat. I was ate my food alone watching some generic program on TV. I really wanted to just talk to Hotch but I was also still mad at him. I decided I was gonna go see him so I got ready. I opened my hotel room to leave and Hotch was standing there about to knock.