Chapter twenty five

"What if he doesn't like me Aaron?"

"He'll love you Natalie."

"But what if he doesn't?"

"He will."

I sigh and open the door of Hotch's car. I had reluctantly agreed to stay at his house, at least for tonight and tomorrow since it probably wasn't safe to go back to my house. I had gotten Garcia to pick up my dog since she knew what was happening. I knew I was going to have to tell the team but I didn't want too. They would look at me like I was a victim and pity me. I didn't want them too at all. I was still their coworker and fellow profiler. Nothing had changed but the way they looked at me would change. But alas, I had bigger problems to worry about, Jack. Staying with Hotch meant that I was going to have to meet Jack. Me not meeting Jack was one of the main reasons me and Hotch broke up the first time. I had wanted to meet him because I thought we were serious and I guess he thought otherwise. I didn't want to ruin whatever new weird thing was going with him and I was nervous about meeting Jack. If this went bad whatever I had with Hotch was gone along with my house for the next few days. 

I followed him up to the front door and watched as he unlocked it. He must of noticed how nervous I was because he gave me a quick smile and muttered, "don't be nervous." If only it was that easy. I forgot that I had been in his house not to long ago and I was expecting it too look extremely different. But it didn't. The only difference was that there was toys everywhere now. Next thing I know I see a blond 10 year old boy run down the stairs and into Aaron's arms. 

"Dad!" Jack exclaimed. 

"Hey buddy" Aaron said back with a wide smile on his face. He looked genuinely happy which was nice. He didn't look happy too often. I noticed Jessica come into the room and you saw her look you up and down. Here goes nothing Natalie I thought to myself as I walked over to Jessica. I held out my hand and introduced myself, "Hi, I'm Natalie."

She shook my hand and said, "Hey I'm Jessica, I've heard so much about you."

I laugh but I was panicking on the inside. She knew about me? Was it good stuff? Was it bad stuff? I managed to calm myself down inside and say, "Mostly good I hope."

"Mostly good"

Well, I guess that's good. She could of been honest and said the truth which was that Aaron probably hated me. At least for a little bit he did. We both stood there and watched Aaron and Jack for a moment before they both came over to us. 

Aaron looks at Jessica first, "Thank you so much for watching him."

she smiles at him, "Of course. How long before you leave for a case?"

"Tomorrow most likely."

"I'll be here then."

"Thank you, have a nice night."

She nods at both me and Aaron before saying bye to Jack and then leaving. I look Aaron in the eyes and he gives me a reassuring look. I take a deep breath and finally look Jack in the eyes. He had been staring at me for almost the entire time I had been here but I had been ignoring it. 

"Jack, this is Natalie." Aaron says while picking Jack up so that we are all on the same level.

"Hey Jack" I say while waving at him and giving him a small smile. "I'm Natalie. It's great to meet you." He waves back at me which is relieving but he doesn't say anything. 

"She's gonna be staying with us for a little while. Is that okay?" Aaron says while looking at Jack. Jack nods his head but still doesn't say anything. Aaron sets him down and he runs off to what I assume is his room and Aaron just looks over at me. "He's like that with everyone."