Chapter nineteen

No. I can't marry him. It's the only thought going through my head. I didn't want to marry him. I couldn't. But for some reason the words out of my mouth are, "Yes.". He engulfs me in a hug and gives me a kiss. I give him and extremely phony smile back and he believes it. 

He leans over and whispers in my ear, "You wanna get out of here?"

I look back up at him. A smirk on his face. "Sure, I can meet you at the hotel. If we drive together the parking garage ticket will be gigantic."

The smile drops from his face, "Oh Ok, I'll see you there."

We part ways and head to our separate cars. I climb into my car and immediately break down. What had I gotten myself into? Me and Ben had moved fast since the moment we started dating. We moved in together at a year. He took care of my dog. He had met the whole team multiple times, we'll minus Hotch. He was always busy whenever he would come by which was fine with me. I didn't want to have to witness the what I assume would be awkward tension between them. I was almost to the Hotel when I decided that I couldn't go in there. So I did what any reasonable person would do. I called Ben and told him I got called into work and that I had to go immediately. I felt bad about lying but I couldn't go spend the night with him. I just couldn't go and have to lie to him. I would tell him the truth eventually but I needed some time to myself. 

I started just driving around. I didn't know where to go. I couldn't go home and I didn't want to go to Emily or Penelope's. I would have to explain it to them and I honestly didn't feel like doing it. So somehow I ended up back in Quantico at the FBI building. I parked my car and took a long sigh. I wiped my eyes and grabbed my bag out of the back. I figured no one would be here anyways so I could get the rest of my work done alone. I walked into the lobby and flashed the guards my badge. The elevator seemed to work slower than usual. I got off and slowly made my way over into the bullpen. I sat my stuff down at my desk and pulled out my flies. I started to get to work, trying my hardest to forget what had happened earlier tonight. 

I sat there working on my work for what must of been hours before I'm pulled away from my work by someone talking to me. I look up to see Hotch standing by my desk. 

"You look way too beautiful right now to be sitting here doing paperwork."

I roll my eyes and I blush a little and look at my watch, "Hotch, it's 2:30 in the morning. What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing Natalie."

"You probably don't want to hear about my train wreck of a night."

"I'm sure I do."

"Well I just agreed to marry a man I don't want to marry."

He looks taken aback, "Well that does sound like a train-wreck of a night. You want some booze?"

I laugh, "As much as I appreciate the offer. I'm sure Jack's waiting for you at home."

"He's not. He's at a friends for most of the weekend."

I sigh and shrug my shoulders, "Why not then. Your office?". He nods his head and I start to follow him up there. He opens the door and goes behind his desk. He grabs the scotch he keeps behind his desk and he sits down in one of the seats in front of his desk for once. He pours two glasses. He looks at me while passing me one, "Are you alright?"

I look right back at him, "I'm as okay as I can be. How are you and Beth?"

"We're great I guess. I haven't been able to see her as much since she moved to New York."

I didn't know Beth had moved. They started dating a little before me and Ben which I had to admit hurt a little but I eventually got over it. "When did she move?"