Chapter eighteen

2 years later

I walked back into work from my lunch break to see JJ and Emily waiting for me at my desk. I walk up and they immediately start asking me questions, "Are you excited?", "Do you think he's gonna propose?", "When's the wedding." and a bunch of other stuff. I was trying to hear them all and answer as fast I could, "Yes I'm Excited. No I don't think he's gonna propose and I've told you guys that I don't want to get married yet."

Penelope walks up behind us, hearing what we're talking about, "What are you gonna do if he does propose?"

I sigh, "I don't know. But he's not going too. He knows how I feel." They all look extremely disappointed. I know they all wanted me to get married and have kids but I didn't want to. Sure I could get married but I really didn't want kids. Kids would mean leaving the BAU and I really didn't want too. I liked it here. It was a good job and it kept me busy. "You guys wanna come to my place and help me pick out something to wear?"

"Of course" They all say in almost unison. It was mainly a paper work day. We had just come back from a really long two week case so we probably weren't gonna leave again for at least a few days. I sat back down at my desk and got started on the giant stack of work I had to do. I worked on it for about 4 hours until Penelope walked up to me. "Are you about ready to go, Nat?"

I looked over at her, "I'm not done but I can just finish tomorrow." I notice that she's by herself. "Where's JJ and Emily?"

She playfully rolls her eyes, "Who even knows. There's something going on between them. It's not just me right?"

I laugh, "Oh no for sure somethings happening. I'm just not sure what." I actually was very sure of what was happening. Emily had told me that her and JJ had started secretly hooking up about 4-5 months ago. She made me swear not to tell anybody so I hadn't told anyone since. But it's not like they were doing a good job hiding it. They randomly disappeared together and would come back within minutes of each other. I liked them together and thought it was cute but I felt really bad for Will. I grab my bag and stand up while gathering the rest of my stuff. "Are they meeting us at my place?"

"Yea they said that they'll meet us there."

I smile, "Great."

We walk out towards our cars and get into them. I pull out before her heading towards my house. The drives about 15 minutes long which isn't too bad. I pull into my driveway and decided to go on inside the house instead of waiting for Penelope. I unlock and open my front door to see Roscoe standing there wagging his tail. I pet him on his head and say a quick hi to him, "Hey buddy. You wanna play in the back yard?" He barks back at me and I laugh while I walk to the back door to let him out. He dashes out into the yard and I walk back into my house to put my bag and such in the office. I never really left without my badge and gun but I left case files and such here whenever I went out. 

Penelope knocks on the door not long after I get there. I go over and let her in, "You know you can just walk in."

"I know but I just feel weird walking into peoples houses."

We laugh together and I walk with her into my kitchen. "Beer, wine, or water?"

"I'll take wine. But you are not drinking before your big night out!" She says with a hint of authority in her voice.

I roll my eyes, "It's not a big night out! We're just going D.C. and out to some fancy Restaurant. One drink won't hurt."

"He booked a Hotel room, I would call that at least a night out." Her eyebrows raising while she looks over at me.