Chapter 10

"But what about the Harry Potter movie then?", I asked out loud, pushing a hand through my hair "Ethan would've known what to play, he literally saw my movie collection when he was at my place"

"Yeah but you do know you literally walk around with a bag that has the movie's logo on the side, right?" I followed Sophia's gaze to my bag.

"Ow" She's right...

"Plus, the amount of references you make, make it hard not to know you're a fan", she added, a groan passing my lips "Okay but still, some things don't add up"

Sarah nodded "I've gotta give it to him though, he knows how to be subtle"

I sighed. Ever since Tuesday, we had been almost sure it's Ethan. Nobody has ever called me 'Clark' except for the dude from the unknown texts. Plus, he's my neighbor so it shouldn't have been too hard for him to have seen me in the towel.

We had come up with a handful of plans to catch him but up until now, we had been failing miserably....

On Wednesday Sophia went to Ethan to ask if she could barrow his phone so she could sneakily check if it was the same number. But he had told her his phone was dead so that failed.

On Thursday we waited for lunch to sent a text to the unknown number but Ethan didn't take his phone out once during lunch and no reply came to my texts.

So, today we decidedwe needed a more direct yet subtle approach. We hadn't come up exactly withwhat we we're going to do but most people were going to yet another party, sowe'd come up with something.

-You still haven't come up with a dare?-

I send another text but just as before, no reply came. I slightly leaned back in my chair looking around the library at all the working students. Everyone was bright and busy but I couldn't stop thinking about this person, it's making me go completely crazy. I don't care yet my mind is constantly going over every person again and again. It's got me way to interested to my liking, this stupid game...

"Hey Ella, mind if I sit?", I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Liam so I quickly nodded. He pulled the chair next to me out and sat down, looking back at me with those dreamy eyes.

"I'm not interrupting, am I?", he asked politely when he looked down at the papers scattered around the table.

"No no, I wasn't really doing much anyway", I explained and I felt him relax a bit, leaning back in his chair.

"So how are you doing?" he asked me

"I'm doing great, just a little tired"

"Is everything allright?" he asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'll just take a nap after school and then I can easily go to the party tonight. Are you going?"

"I am. Do you need me to drive you guys again?" he asked sweetly.

"No, it's fine. I'll just see you there", I declined his offer. This guy has had to take care of drunk me already.

"Okay", he nodded softly.

"And how are you doing?", I asked him after a short silence.

"Good, just busy with school or football and after that I have to help my dad at the company", he explained.

"Wow, that's crazy. I'm surprised you still have any time for friends", I joked. I mean I just have school and that already tires me out like crazy.

"I could always make time", he said and I felt my cheeks slightly heat up, thinking back at what James had told me. Why is this guy so sweet?

"Anyway, I gotta go. See you tonight?" he said and gave me a quick wink before standing up. Holy fuck.