Chapter 24

The rest of the break went kind off calm. I got to spend the last few days with mom and went out a few more times with Sarah and Sophia.

When Monday came, the first day back to school, it really hit me like a brick in the face. If I'm able to sleep in for a longer time, waking up early is just a pure horror.

Not that I mind being back but I'm not gonna say I'm happy that school started again either.

"I so didn't miss this", Sophia commented as we finished our last class before lunch. The two of us have literally been walking around like zombies this whole morning. I just hate mornings...

"Yeah, me neither", I gave her the same bored looked as we continued our way through the hallway.

"There they are", Sophia spotted Sarah, Daniel and Jason. We made our way over and Sophia immediately threw herself in a hug with Sarah.

"Ella", Jason smiled at me before laughing with Sarah as she tried to push Sophia of off her.

"Hey", I greeted Daniel, seemed only fitting since we had that talk a few days ago.

"I'm sorry, do I know you?" he said and I lost my voice there. Is he being serious right now? Guess we're back to being an asshole.

"See you later", he muttered to Jason and walked away, completely ignoring me. Wow

"And he's back to hating me", I concluded, speaking a little louder than I intended.

"That's just classic Daniel, just ignore him", Sarah told me.

"You might be annoying but you're hard to hate", Jason added and I genuinely smiled at him.

"Thanks Jason, I'll take that as a compliment", I told him and he nodded, returning the smile "You should"

"Calm down Jason, I'd almost start thinking you're flirting", Sophia joked but Jason continued smiling, giving her a wink.

"JASON?" we heard behind us and Jason's expression turned serious. I turned around and saw Ethan standing a few feet away, motioning for Jason to come over. I went to tell him to just go but to my surprise he didn't run and actually started going towards Ethan. The three of us looked at Jason disappearing with a confused expression. Guess he's not running anymore.

"You know what, I'm not even gonna ask", Sophia spoke, looking just as confused as me.

"Yeah, I do have to admit. Ever since you arrived, people have been really secretive about all sorts of things", Sarah told me and I chuckled at that. The three of us made it to the cafeteria and sat down, taking out our food.

"Speaking about secretive, are we any closer to knowing who's been texting you?" Sarah added and I let out a big sigh. That's a no.

"I still think it's either Alex, Adam or Jason", I told them and Sophia looked at me confused.

"What about Oliver?" she asked.

"I don't believe it's him", I answered. She literally asked if he were in love with me, he said no. Plus how evil would that be since he's been kissing Sophia.

"But it could still be him"

"Highly doubt it", I told her again and Sarah agreed, making her shut up about it.

"Now we're already talking about it anyway, I still need to give him a dare", I spoke, placing my phone on the table and hoping for any good ideas. Sure, these silly dares have been fun but maybe I should try and focus on finding out more.

"You should ask how he knew about the roses", Sophia said and Sarah instantly butted in "Or just ask him for another tip"

Roses or tip?