2

Aa'yat's POV

"You should have picked my call last night.....
You shouldnt have come home this late......
Why are you doing this to me???
Think about our poor daughter....
If you really love your job so much then you shouldnt have gotten married at all!!...."
My parents voice arguing as usual echoed through my sleep.

Arrrrgh! Why wont they ever let me sleep in peace. I shouted as I slammed my pillow over my head holding it tightly in order to block the noise coming from their argument.

"Listen woman, would you move aside or you rather I push you out of my way???....
I am really not in the mood for one of your tantrums this morning...." My Dad fired back angrily.

"Tantrums huh??? I would rather you push me away.... Push me... You have to push me... Everytime money, money, money, do you think giving us money always is ever going to fill the emptiness of being without a father or husband?. Today Abuja, Tomorrow Bauchi, Next tomorrow Kogi and so on. The worst of it all, during weekends when you have no work to attend to, instead of you to spend your time with your family, you rather spend it with your friends at the club. Tell me! Where were you since yesterday morning? You didnt even tell me you were going to be out late. Such a pathetic man with trashy friends

"Mum stop it, he is going to hit you again like always" I cried as I buried my face in my sheets.

Thats it! I cant take it anymore..... Lets file for a divorce! I heard Dad shout out at mum.

I closed my eyes and let my sleep get the best of me. It would do me better to just sleep it over and wake up to a bright morning later I sighed as I held them tightly together.

*********
Hours later, I was finally awake now. As usual, I picked up my phone first and went through all my social media apps. I love Instagram the most as it is just my style and my kind of thing. The way you post just pictures, videos and no form of any silly writeups unlike twitter. I own a twitter account too but trust me, Its savage on that street.

Come to think of it, what social media account dont I own? I own an account on twitter, whatsapp, facebook, telegram, Instagram, snapchat, the list goes on.. Anyways, I went over to the message icon on my IG and as usual, my so called boyfriend's message was lying right there.

"Hello babe, Its been a while you contacted me. I messaged you on all your accounts but to no avail. Do you want me to come over?? I also called you thirteen times earlier last night but you didnt pick up. Call me okay? Love you" -Munir

Oh God! What a dumbass! I cussed out as I heaved a sigh with my palm stroking my face gently. Doesnt he get it? I am done with him. Just like others. He has just been played. I dont do love, love isint for me. All I do is have fun and break the hearts of people's son as they called it.

My name is Aa'yat suleiman and I am 20 years old. I am a Nigerian by origin but an American by birth. My father is hausa while my mum is yoruba. We have always lived in the united states of America until 5years ago when my Dad was transferred back to the branch here in Nigeria, Kaduna. I am an only child and also an aspiring 400 level student of medicine and surgery Ahmadu Bello university Zaria. Well I was, till I became unserious and have now gotten two consecutive probations.

I was distracted from my thoughts by the message notification that suddenly came in.
"I can see you are online. I am going to call you now". It was from Munir.

Omg! I suddenly turned off my data and drew my sheets over my head anxiously. What am I going to tell him? What do I do? Were all thoughts running through my head till my phone began ringing. I checked the caller ID and it was him.

I neglected the call and it rang three more times consecutively. The fourth call came in and just as I was about pick it up to cuss his life out, I noticed the change in the ID. It wasnt from Munir this time. It was coming from my uncle, Uncle Bilal. He is my mum's younger brother. My second most favorite person in the world.
He works at the Department of Accounting Senate building Ahmadu Bello University zaria.

Hey little one, He called.

Hey uncle.

Guess what?....

You know I am not really good at guessing uncle just tell me. I am all ears.

Well, you know the change of course stuff we talked about....

Yes uncle, which you promised not to tell anyone else. I stressed on the anyone else.

Yes I know little one and I wont I pinky promised remember?? Well, I got you transferred to another department under the faculty of life sciences.

Waw uncle, you are the best. I love you so so much and you know that. So which department???

Litlle one, you are to study Biology in the department of Biological sciences. It is done. So once you head back to school next week, go straight to the level cordinator and get your new Admission letter.

Awwww..... Thank you so much uncle. I am so graetful.

Listen, You should do well this time around, cut off from all bad attitudes and be serious please Aa'yat. Life has given you a second chance at your studies. Make good use of it. Make me proud okay. I love you.

I love you too uncle. I promise to work harder this time okay. And with that I ended the call and laid straight on my bed as I looked up to the beautiful chandellier staring at me.

"At least, something good has happened this morning"....... I whispered as I drowned in my thoughts.

Yay! Chapter 2❤️💕

Tell me what you think?

Whose lifestyle do you prefer? Inayat's or Aa'yat's?

I know how impatient it is to always wait for updates, So I would try to frequent update in order to make things faster❤️.

See you next time.
Yhu_so_shy💕