32

Junaid's POV

I called her uncle Bilal and we immediately rushed her to the hospital in shika.

We go there and the doctor told us she ate something she wasn't supposed to eat and it has in turn put her life in danger, but she is stable for now. He added.

What did she eat?? Uncle Bilal frowned at me harshly as he asked.

Uhmmmm.... Uhmm I really don't know. I stammered.
Wait, she ate pounded yam and egusi (melon) soup.

What! Subhanallah!! Uncle Bilal screamed out.
You shouldn't have let her eat that, she is allergic to melon. And it is risky, I mean damn risky. He glared.

Waiyazubillah! I answered out. I didnt know she was, She didn't tell me anything.

She doesn't know about it either. I guess her mum never told her and I never did either. We just scared her out of the thought by telling her it wasn't ideal to eat it in our tradition. We didn't even tell her it had any consequences. He sighed.

Well, that isn't the case for now, Alhamdulilah she is fine now. He praised Allah.

Yes, Alhamdulilah she is. I know how it feels to be in that state. I sighed as he stared at me in Question.

Why? Are you allergic to something too? He queried.

Yes I am. As a matter of fact, I am also allergic to melon. I stated.
Sadly It runs in the family. I added as I heaved a sigh.

Waw, just waw. That is a weird and rare allergy you know right. He sort of stated and I nodded.

May the Almighty Allah strengthen you all. He prayed as I answered with an Ameen.

We were still sited at the reception when the nurse came to tell us that the doctor was seeking a guardian's attention.
We looked at each other for seconds before deciding on just going in together.

The doctor told us she was doing better now but unfortunately has a shortage of blood. He also advised transfusion be done immediately so as to avoid further complications.

But her blood type is rare, we checked the blood bank our hospital operates with but the blood group 0 negative is out of stock.

Uncle Bilal looked at me with sadness as he said; My blood group doesn't match hers as he rubbed his hands together in anxiety.

Alhamdulilah uncle, mine is a match. I am also 0 negative, I think the transfusion should be done immediately. I offered as uncle Bilal smiled in happiness.

Now I know why Aa'yat loves you, you both are such a perfect match. He complimented as I smiled in return.

So he also knows she loves me huh? I blushed with my subconscious.
Well, this is not the time for this I brushed out of me as I stood to leave after the nurse who came in.

******************

The blood has been given to her and she is now doing much better. The doctor announced as he came out of her room for what seemed like the 5th time.

They really do monitor their patients well over here. I commented.

Thank you so much Doctor kazeem. Uncle Bilal thanked as he shook his hand once again.

You are welcome Bilal. He plainly answered.

They seem to know each other from somewhere, no wonder the relationship seemed quite informal. I smiled.

Can we go and see her now??? Uncle Bilal asked as the doctor answered with a Yes of course.

I trailed behind uncle Bilal as we both went through the female ward to were she laid.
There she was sound asleep and looked as beautiful as ever.
Waw Ma Sha Allah. I admired in my thought.